Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - Supernatural EP - ERROR MSG + Crashes.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - Supernatural EP - ERROR MSG + Crashes.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 - Supernatural EP - ERROR MSG + Crashes.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 22:01

Hi, this is my first post here after just stumbling across this webpage yesterday, I purchased the Sims 3 base game, installed it, and I was playing it fine.
Then I decided to get the Supernatural Expansion pack torrent and try it out.
I tried replacing the TS3.exe and TSLHOST.dll files after manually installing the latest patch, then installed my supernatural ep from an iso disc. That was the first try, when everything had finished installing, If I tried to open the launcher it wouldn't respond. I would double click, then my mouse would show a loading circle, then suddenly disappear, and the launcher would never open. I tried using the TS3W.exe file to open it and I got the same response. I decided to uninstall both the EP and the base game, and start over.
After uninstalling everything I restarted the computer, then I re-installed my Sims 3 base game via disc. This time I followed the instructions as posted here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly and now I have a new problem.
This time, the launcher opens fine, but after hitting the play button as the game is loading I get the error message that says:

" It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.
Do you want to Quit? [Quit / Continue] "

After I click to continue, the game will let me click on my household or click to start a new game, but as it's loading I get the crash message that says:
" Sims 3 has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. "

Is there any reason behind this? I don't have any CC or saved Sims in my folders. What else could cause this error and how can I fix it, I have been working on this EP for 3 days Sad

*ALSO I downloaded the Sims 3 Ultimate FIX from https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems and installed using the instructions guide but still getting the same problem.

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:47; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : *ADDED information)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Supernatural EP - ERROR MSG + Crashes.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 - Supernatural EP - ERROR MSG + Crashes.[SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Wed 19 Dec 2012, 06:44

You are on patch version 1.42 correct?

Can you post a detail screenshot of where you applied the last step files in the Ultimate Fix?
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Supernatural EP - ERROR MSG + Crashes.[SOLVED] Empty Screenshot

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 19:02

Sims 3 - Supernatural EP - ERROR MSG + Crashes.[SOLVED] S61xlu

How do I check the version to be sure which patch I am on right now?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Supernatural EP - ERROR MSG + Crashes.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 - Supernatural EP - ERROR MSG + Crashes.[SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Wed 19 Dec 2012, 19:49

Sims 3 - Supernatural EP - ERROR MSG + Crashes.[SOLVED] Bj3tx

And looks like your have the latest patches, so if your not on 1.42 please update to 1.42, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v142-fix-manual-patch

Once you update re-apply the Ultimate Fix, and you should be able to play.

Let us know the results.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 20:04

Hi, yes it says I have 1.38 when I hover mouse on that icon from launcher. So I do need to apply that new patch right?
Also after opening Launcher it says a game update is available, I have already updated should I download and install this new update?
If I do, will I need to reapply the fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Wed 19 Dec 2012, 20:50

The Image I posted is outdated, need 1.42 instead of 1.38. So yes, you do need to apply the new patch for 1.42, use the manual patch instead of the launcher update, and Yes will need to re-apply the Ultimate Fix.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 03:58

YES! Thank you so much! I am finally playing and enjoying the sims 3 with supernatural ep!! Can't thank you enough for your time! I was just about to give up!

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Thu 20 Dec 2012, 06:05

Your welcomed, glad I could help, let us know if you have any more problems.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:46

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top