Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem installing The Sims 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem installing The Sims 1 Empty Problem installing The Sims 1

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 00:47

Hi, I'm new - I hope I'm posting in the right place!

I downloaded the complete Sims 1 collection from your official download page, I followed the installation instructions and it seemed to install correctly, but when I tried to play the game it first went to a black fullscreen and then the window just closed. I tried copying the crack over again in case it didn't work properly the first time but no luck. I then uninstalled and reinstalled but it still does the same thing.

I have been starting the game by clicking Sims.exe in the program files folder. Is this right? (There was no shortcut made).

Thank you!

Also, if I click on TheSimsCreator.exe, it asks me to install the cd-rom.

Last edited by parabola on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 00:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more detail.)

Back to top Go down

Problem installing The Sims 1 Empty Re: Problem installing The Sims 1

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 20:56

I redownloaded this (almost a year later) and still can't get it to work. I've tried changing my screen resolution, running in different compatibility modes and turning off my DEP and still no luck. Any takers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 04 Dec 2013, 21:24

Hello,

Wow, I had no idea you were reviving an old topic of yours!  I apologize that no one helped you before!  

In regards to your problem, are you downloading the Complete Collection?  You can find it here: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 21:45

Yes it's the complete collection, when I downloaded it a year ago I'm pretty sure it was from your downloads page. This time it was from TPB but definitely from the g4tw account. 

Should I redownload it from the link you gave me just in case?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 04 Dec 2013, 21:51

Hello,

Yes ma'am!  If you can, please do so.  I wasn't a member back in 2012, unfortunately, but I'm sure (assuming) something may have changed with the way they packed the .rar file.  I just downloaded it myself to help walk you through the installation if I need to.

Not many people here know too much about The Sims 1 or 2.  Smile  We're mainly The Sims 3 oriented, but I've played The Sims most of my life from age 12 and beyond so I'm a bit familiar. 

Once you redownload it, let me know if you need any help!  Be sure to read the #Installation Guide.txt file within The Sims 1 .rar.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 22:07

Aw, thanks for your help Smile I was about the same age when I started playing too, although it has been so long since I've seen the first Sims game I barely remember anything about it! 

When I tried to download TS1 from the link you gave me my torrent client told me the download already exists (as in it is the same one I downloaded earlier today). But I removed the TS1 data from my torrent client and I'm redownloading it just to be safe.

I'm quite familiar with cracking so I don't think I did anything wrong when following the installation instructions, I'm pretty sure the crack worked because when I uninstalled it and reinstalled it then tried without the crack it asked for the disk. So I copied the crack over again and it did the same as before - started loading but quit after a few seconds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 04 Dec 2013, 22:18

Yup, no problem at all!  And that's great to hear there is another Sims fan from years past.  lol  Razz  This was my childhood game growing up, and wow, hasn't this game just evolved, eh? Hehe.

Anyways, I am installing it right now and fixing to apply the Sims.exe file within the #Crack folder.  

It's good you deleted your past info within your torrent client, as that will give you a fresh start and a fresh (re)download.  When you said you uninstalled it, I'm assuming you had been playing it for some time previously, then uninstalled it?  Because of that's the case, there may be some "left overs" on your PC which MAY or may not be causing you problems.

When you say quit as well, did the installation setup deal just crash, or did it give you an error?  Smile

Edit:  I meant to also add, I am installing the game on Windows 8.1, so truly I do not believe it is a compatibility issue. However, I have yet to try and apply the crack and RUN the game, so I might end up eating my words here soon. Facepalm  lol.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 22:47

I haven't played it at all (well except back in the day!) and I couldn't get it to work a year ago, it did the exact same thing. Although that was on a different pc! The old pc was running windows 7 and the one I'm using now is running windows 7 ultimate.

When I said uninstalled, I just meant today as I was trying to see if it would work if I uninstalled and reinstalled. Then I tried it again without the crack being copied to see what would happen, that's when it asked for a disk so it seems when I did copy the crack over that must have done something at least because it no longer asked for a disk but did begin to load, before my problem kicks in.

I didn't get an error message unfortunately! All that happens is the screen goes black and the little windows loading hoop thing comes up (the blue thing that you can move around like your curser) and the hoop thing shows up bigger and slightly stretched out so I can tell that the resolution has changed for the game. Then it just closes and goes back to the screen I was on before.

Oh, I should mention I am starting the game by clicking the (cracked) exe from inside the program files folder, is this right? There was no shortcut made on my desktop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 04 Dec 2013, 22:58

Okay, I just wanted to make sure the installation went through okay and that it is actually installed on your PC.

The first thing I noticed with my game, is that I cannot run the .exe file found within /Program Files/Maxis/The Sims Creator/.  It gives me the same problem with asking for a disk.

Have you attempted to run the .exe file found within /Program Files/Maxis/The Sims/?  It's the file you technically should have 'cracked'.  Please try to right-click and run that specific file as 'Administrator'. 

Also, the screen may appear stretched, as it did on mine too.  Because of it being older, the resolution is very small compared to most PC screen sizes now-a-days.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 23:24

Ok I'm working with the freshly redownloaded version. I'm still getting the same problem. Sad 

I tried running as administrator and still no luck. And yep the .exe was located at /Program Files (x86)/Maxis/The Sims. 

I can't run the Sims Creator either, it also asks for a disc, I guess it would need its own separate crack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 04 Dec 2013, 23:58

What I would actually advise is to cleanly uninstall the game with something called 'Your Uninstaller! Pro', which you can find from us here in this list:  http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html.  Just scroll down of hit Ctrl+F and search 'Uninstaller'.  You'll be able to find it and torrent it.  Smile  Thankfully, it's less than 6mbs in size so it should only take a few minutes to download.

Once you've cracked that program to work (Uninstaller pro), Double-click on The Sims 1 within Uninstaller Pro and uninstall it via the 'Pro' option.  Follow all instructions.  It should erase any and all traces of the game.  Once completely uninstalled, restart your PC and then try to reinstall it again!  

Remember:  When you go to run the setup.exe file to INSTALL the game, make sure you are not running it through the .rar file, but instead, extracting the contents of the .rar file to an empty folder on your desktop or somewhere else you're comfortable with.  Once you extract everything into that empty folder you made, right-click on that Setup.exe and run it as Administrator.  Once it is done installing, drag and drop the crack into /Maxis/The Sims and overwrite the file already there.  

Sorry if this seems unnecessary as you already know how to crack things,  I just want to be sure. Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Dec 2013, 01:00

Oh don't worry, it's good to go through everything so we're both totally sure I'm doing it right! Smile 

As it turns out, I was doing something slightly differently, I was installing normally rather than as administrator. So this time I did do it as administrator (this is after uninstalling with Uninstaller Pro as you suggested - thanks for that, I'm sure that will come in handy in the future too!)

I just tried to run the cracked Sims.exe from /Program Files (x86)/Maxis/The Sims (also as administrator) and I'm still getting the exact same problem. 

One other thing I am doing slightly differently, is rather than dragging and dropping the cracked Sims.exe, I am copying and pasting it (and selecting copy and replace so that it overwrites the original Sims.exe). If I try to just drag and drop, it only creates a shortcut above the original Sims.exe. 

Also, it doesn't ask me to register at any point, although I could click "register here" or "register later" after I found it on the Sims launcher, before I installed the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 05 Dec 2013, 01:26

I meant to answer a question I just realized you asked earlier!  So far, I can't find any crack for the Sims Creator.  I actually forget what that program even does, to be honest! 

Hmm, I'm really puzzled as to why it it's not working for you and asking for a disk still. Because on mine, it seemed to work like normal right when I tried it.  I uploaded my Sims,exe file here, if you'd like to test it out: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bffb40ecqd32257/Sims.exe

About the registering, it shouldn't bring up any launcher or registration options to play the game.  Whenever I clicked on the Sims.exe, it pulled the game up right away.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 05 Dec 2013, 05:30

Sephymuffins wrote:I meant to answer a question I just realized you asked earlier!  So far, I can't find any crack for the Sims Creator.  I actually forget what that program even does, to be honest! 

Hmm, I'm really puzzled as to why it it's not working for you and asking for a disk still. Because on mine, it seemed to work like normal right when I tried it.  I uploaded my Sims,exe file here, if you'd like to test it out: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bffb40ecqd32257/Sims.exe

About the registering, it shouldn't bring up any launcher or registration options to play the game.  Whenever I clicked on the Sims.exe, it pulled the game up right away.  Smile
The crack for the Sims Creator can be found on www.games4theworlddownloads.org.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Dec 2013, 13:24

Sephymuffins wrote:I meant to answer a question I just realized you asked earlier!  So far, I can't find any crack for the Sims Creator.  I actually forget what that program even does, to be honest! 

The Sims Creator is similar to CAS but for the Sims 1. Smile I know this because last year even though I couldn't get the game to play, somehow I got that to play, I guess I found the crack but I don't really remember now!

I tried your .exe, thanks for that! Still the same problem though. Oh and it wasn't asking for a disk still, that was only when I tried the Sims Creator, and also when I clicked Sim.exe before I copied the crack over (obviously) just to compare a "before and after" to see what changes when I do copy the crack. And sure enough, after the crack is copied it no longer asks for a disk, I just get the problem of it quitting before it has chance to load up.

Ohh and I just mentioned registering because that had it's own step in the installation text file, so I was wondering if it was important or not that it didn't happen for me.

I guess my problem is something to do with my OS maybe, possibly compatibility issues? Did they make that stuff easier on Windows 8 which is why you can get it to work? I've looked elsewhere online for solutions and one thing I might try is running XP with VirtualBox. I haven't done that before but may be worth a try. Thank you so much for all your help so far! I'll let you know if I find another solution.

Oh and J.T. - Thanks! I just tried it and it's working fine. Strange I can get that to work but not the actual game!

Last edited by parabola on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 13:53; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Missed a bit out)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top