Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplay Wishes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gameplay Wishes Empty Gameplay Wishes

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 10:00

Hello,

I thought I'd start a chat topic about things people wish they could do in game, but can't. I'll list a few to give examples of what I'm talking about.

- I wish the locking system on doors was a bit smarter, or had some better options. For example, I like keeping my bedroom door locked to just my sims [the hot tub in the master bath is for them only], but repair men, maids and butlers could pass through to do their duties. -- I know there's a mod for this, but the issue is that if I ever have to stop using that mod for some reason (ie: update to the game and no update to the mod) then I might have issues that would disable me from playing the saves that were created with the mod.

- I wish there was a volume control on computers. I don't mind my sims playing games, but it's incredibly loud!

- I wish paparazzi would stay off of my lawn. There is a fence around my property for a reason - no trespassing! The fence keeps stray animals and zombies off my lawn, why not paparazzi? (Side Note: I wish I could buy a gun and shoot tresspassers on sight).

- I wish "no" meant "no". The number of calls per day asking my sims if they'd like to go on a date is incredible. I was going to try and write a mod that disabled "date calls" for sims that aren't flirty or have the "Eternally Faithful" moodlet (if they're married/engaged anyway) - and I could, but it would require a coremod and I really don't want to go that route with it.

Last edited by hexorcist on Mon 24 Dec 2012, 15:27; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Gameplay Wishes Empty Re: Gameplay Wishes

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:50

Hello,

hexorcist wrote:(Side Note: I wish I could buy a gun and shoot tresspassers on sight).

There's a mod for that as well Laughing

I wish I could disable that labouring females autonomously go to the hospital. I'm not even sure there's a mod for that. Not only is home birth commonplace in my country, I'm a "freebirther" myself so going to the hospital for a normal birth seems completely alien to me. Sims never have complicated births so...

Directly related to that is feeding. I wish female sims had the option to breastfeed their babies. I know there's no good mod for that, I've looked. Someone worked on it, but it was never finished and the beta doesn't seem to work right.

Also, I would like it if my sims could homeschool their children. I know one of Twallans mods enables that option and I know his are always up to date. But I'm afraid I'm stretching it as it is when it comes to the amount of mods I use (11).

That's about it I guess. These are simply "realism" wishes I suppose.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 13:23

I wish the acting career was more involved. It is just another goddamned rabbithole. It should of been like Superstar, where you actually played their job. I know a lot of these rabbitholes should be like this, but I thought acting would of had a bigger part of Late Night.

I wish the TVs had more channels. Its sometimes just fun to watch TV with your Sims.

Lastly, like Lady ElDi said, homeschooling would be great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 13:50

i think University Life would do that (Homeschooling) because they're teaming' up with maxis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:01

In addition to the above mentioned, I would like to see some "real" family interactions. For example, my sims kids (siblings) do not fight. I have a sibling and when we were kids we fought like we were enemies.
Sims can go fishing, so why not hunting? (Not talking about the Supernaturals "hunting prey"). I'm referring to humans hunting game (deer, rabbit, boar, etc.), this would be awesome with my Forest World I'm making.
How about a realistic weather interactions, such as shoveling snow off the sidewalks, drive ways AND clearing the snow off the car before driving away.
Also, more realistic jobs, not everyone has the education or skills to be professionals.
Okay, I think I'm done, it's 4 AM here and I still have a lot to do before going to work in a couple of hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 23:53

What I'd like most would be more family or any sim to sim interactions too. Just to have the communication more flexible and organic, basically REALISTIC. Especially when it comes to negative interactions, as of now they are really limited to basic "argue", "accuse of ...." I like the existing system of having specific interactions available depending of what the relationship status is, so i'd just like it to be even more refined and deeper.

Another thing that really bugs me is, why cant kids play piano and guitar!!!! It doesn't make sense. They can use the easel and gai painting skill but cant use any of the music instruments (?)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Feb 2013, 03:24

antaress wrote:What I'd like most would be more family or any sim to sim interactions too. Just to have the communication more flexible and organic, basically REALISTIC. Especially when it comes to negative interactions, as of now they are really limited to basic "argue", "accuse of ...." I like the existing system of having specific interactions available depending of what the relationship status is, so i'd just like it to be even more refined and deeper.

Yeah, if you set the options so that your sims have a free will then you're likely to get (among other things) very 'interesting' social interactions, like an argument at the beginning, then something friedly and after again a negative reaction.. Gameplay Wishes 2279017149
And this thing what hexorcist already mentioned..these constant phone calls in which my sim is asked for a date (even by Bone Hilda !) are also annoying. Maybe that has to do with my sim being a (five-star) celebrity ? I'll look into some NRAAS mods (Master Controller or Story Progression), maybe they have an option to cease these calls.
What could be added too is the choice of another lifetime wish once you completed your previous one; right now you could theoretically do that with the "edit sim in CAS mode"-cheat or with a mod, though I haven't tried it yet.
Also, EA could have put more effort into the careers, that is: I find it a shame that most of the jobs take place in so-called rabbitholes, and you can only choose the work intensity of your sims.. No

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 14:06; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2013, 02:59

I would like an underwater sim world- like Atlantis? where you could be a mer-person, or a human with gills or that thing fry used in futurama. Maybe its a super polluted ocean, where we are all mutants, like have the ability to have weird tails and legs like in spore.

Or maybe living in a space station like from Wall-e, how cool would that be! I would love to be able to be one of the robots- like have them like pets.... I'm such a nerd...

Gameplay Wishes 3450855690

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top