Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All store content missing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All store content missing Empty All store content missing

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2012, 18:38

This happened rather randomly. I was playing the Monte Vista world I downloaded and noticed that there was never any festivals, so I found fairgrounds for Monte Vista online and installed it. All of a sudden my previously installed goodies, including worlds and objects, I had got from the mediafire site...disappeared. Having experienced this when installing new EPs I immediately started going through the basic troubleshooting, including the steps found on this link https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix No luck. So I decided to yank my mods folder on the chance that perhaps one of my favorite cheat-type things were causing problems. Still nothing. So I went one step further and yanked the entire Sims 3 folder, let the game generate a new one, made sure I was fully updated, made sure I got the latest store fix, nothing. In the launcher, most items show as installed although some of the things are missing in the launcher, like some of the worlds, but even the ones that show installed are not there in game. Prior to attempting to install that lot, my game worked perfectly. Theoretically it works just fine, I just done have access to the goodies LOL!

I have the Sims 3 and all expansions. It is a combination of actual discs and downloads from TPB. I have a windows 7 computer.

The only other time I have had these problems is when I would install a new EP. Am I missing something or is my game just being evil?

Any help is appreciated.

Back to top Go down

All store content missing Empty Re: All store content missing

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:21

Hello,

What if you got those festival grounds here?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 19:14

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to help me. As soon as I am able to get Monte Vista, Sunlit Tides, and Lucky Palms to comeback I will happily look for the festival grounds. In the mean time I am stuck without those worlds showing as well as some of the other content, like the fryer and the ice cream maker. I am at the end of my rope trying to figure out why some of the content is back and yet others just won't show in game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 29 Dec 2012, 21:28

Hello,

Just a suggestion... what if you back up, completely remove this folder and then try again: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 19:44

@ Admin Thank you for the suggestion. I already tried that. Lol!! a couple of times actually.
Update:
Well I finally got my worlds to show up. I yanked my Sims 3 folder again and installed them one at a time, double clicking on each one. After a mini celebration I turned my attention to getting my objects and clothing to show up. 670 items....Installed 10 at a time every 40 or so I open the game and make sure that they are showing up. I have had trouble with a few items(like the ice cream maker and fryer) but after uninstalling and then pulling it from the folder and double clicking install they finally showed up. I am still working my way through my downloads folder but I am concerned that I may have to do this anytime I install something new.....In which case I might actually cry.

Side note: is it just me or is Monte Vista missing a bunch of the venues(like fire house, junk yard, and consignment shop ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 31 Dec 2012, 12:23

Hello,

I don't think you'll have to do this every time, but you can always consider an alternative method to install (most of your) content.

Can't help you with the venues I'm afraid, I've been having some issues with the game/the pc that won't allow me to play at all. But you can always place them yourself.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 31 Dec 2012, 19:05

I've noticed that a lot of the venues have to be placed in the downloaded worlds. I'm sure that's just a side-effect of decrapifying them. Sad
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top