Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about PAL/NTSC Wii games and console...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about PAL/NTSC Wii games and console...? Empty Question about PAL/NTSC Wii games and console...?

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 06:44

I don't know if this is in the right thread, and Google isn't giving me useful information so I'm asking here.

I'm in Canada and I bought my Wii here, and I was thinking of getting a Doctor Who wii game that's only sold in the UK. In their description, it says "Please check whether your Wii system is compatible with PAL format before making the purchase." First of all, how can I check that? Second, if it won't work, do you think there is any way I can make it work like at all?

I'm not really good at this stuff, so I'll take all the help I can get right now. Thanks so much.

Back to top Go down

Question about PAL/NTSC Wii games and console...? Empty Re: Question about PAL/NTSC Wii games and console...?

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 15:26

If your system was bought in North America, it won't do PAL. If you can find a Japanese version you could probably use it - they use NTSC also. I don't have a Wii, so I don't know what modding tools are available, but for the PS2 they had NTSC<->PAL converters, so you might be able to find one for Wii also.

Back to top Go down

Question about PAL/NTSC Wii games and console...? Empty Re: Question about PAL/NTSC Wii games and console...?

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 14:36

There might be a chance to get it working, but the game may be in black
and white. I do have a Wii myself and I am from Canada too, from Quebec
actually. What you could is: hack your Wii and use either a usb loader,
or a DVD loader. I know NEoGamma is both, but I don't know if you can
change the settings to play a PAL game in NTSC mode, so that the game
would be in color.

But first, you should decide if you are ready
to hack your Wii because it is "illegal" and bla bla bla. If not, you
still have the choice to play your game on your computer using the
Dolphin emulator and use your keyboard as your wiimote, or even play
with your wiimote if your computer is bluetooth enabled. I don't think
you would have any problem regarding from where the game comes. The
thing is, you need a computer strong enough to be able to play Wii and
Gamecube games on.

I would like to post links to the Dolphin emulator and to a tutorial on how to hack a Wii, but I am not allowed to post external links right now, but Google is your friend!

Here you are, I hope this was helpful. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 20:54

slepage95 wrote:But first, you should decide if you are ready to hack your Wii because it is "illegal" and bla bla bla.

I know in the US this isn't true - the Supreme Court telling Apple that jailbreaking i-devices wasn't illegal pretty much solidified this, but I'm also fairly sure it's not true in Canada either (I travel all over Canada quite often Wink ). Once you buy a device it's yours to do with as you please in most places (confirmed for North America and EU*). The illegal copying of games and other software is only enabled by -some- mods (ie: painting your case is considered modding, but it doesn't allow you to play unauthorized games), but it's the same argument about knives, guns or any other object that could be considered a weapon. "It could be illegal if you use it in -this- way.. but until you use it in -this- way, it's perfectly legal."

* - There was a man arrested in the UK for selling a modded machine, but I'm fairly sure the issue wasn't with the mod but with the illegal software on the xbox that he was attempting to sell. I haven't found details on this to know for certain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top