Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the "unauthorized copy" message keep me from playing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will the "unauthorized copy" message keep me from playing? Empty Will the "unauthorized copy" message keep me from playing?

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 20:36

So I got all of the expansions from this website already. It was so easy and so awesome! But then I downloaded custom content that made my game freeze like crazy. It became so bad that it would all just stay frozen and I would have to shut down my laptop.

Now I'm trying to reinstall. The first time I did not get the base game from your website, so this time the setup for it is totally new for me. With the torrent downloading, I haven't been installing everything in order. I tried to install Pets, but it said that:
"The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets"

Update 1

I realized that I made a huge error installing the base game, so I uninstalled everything and fixed that.

Update 2

After installing Late Night and no other EPs, I got the "unauthorized game" message on the launcher. That message only appeared after installing Late Night. It let me update, but the update failed =(. I cleared my history, cache, and cookies, but that didn't help the "unauthorized" thing. I tried installing Pets again and it gave me the same message...I was looking on the forum, so now I'm wondering is the base game download here really incompatible with Mac? I tried the link in the pdf Mac guide and it's not working. Could anyone provide any others?

Update 3

So I uninstalled Late Night and did your manual update on the base game, then I tried to install Pets and it worked. BUT I still have that unauthorized message. I'm not at all interested in registering or having and account, so that's fine with me if the game will run well and everything. Will it? =(

And could the Mac version of the Ultimate Fix fix it?

Back to top Go down

Will the "unauthorized copy" message keep me from playing? Empty Re: Will the "unauthorized copy" message keep me from playing?

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 20:41

"And could the Mac version of the Ultimate Fix fix it?"
Yes; that is the first thing I would try Smile

In the future, if you get a "the version of sims 3 _____ is not updatable...", just use the Manual Patch to manually update your game.
Link below v v v

Back to top Go down

Will the "unauthorized copy" message keep me from playing? Empty Re: Will the "unauthorized copy" message keep me from playing?

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 20:52

Thank you so much for responding! Very Happy

More questions:
1) So then should I just keep going with the installs and then do the Ultimate Fix then the manual patch again in that order?

2) And do I really need to use the Ultimate Fix in its entirety if I don't care about the unauthorized message? Because I really only care about playing lol.

BTW you are REALLY helping this noob lol. And the manual patch definitely did allow Pets to install, so I'll see with the others. I'm sure they'll be fine too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 21:14

The normal procedure is to manually patch the game first, then install all of your expansion packs (in order of release is optimal, but not necessary), then apply the ultimate fix, then play!

Here's the order of release:
The Sims 3
World Adventures
High End Loft
Ambitions
Fast Lane
Late Night
Outdoor Living
Generations
Town Life
Pets
Master Suite
Showtime
Sweet Treats
Diesel
Supernatural
Seasons

"And is there anything different that I need to do from the Ultimate Fix directions because I'm using the manual patch?"
Nope; just make sure to use the Ultimate Fix at the very end, after installing everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 21:28

AND THEN IT WILL WORK????!!!! lol

And I should just go ahead and apply the Ultimate Fix regardless?....It's really going to fix it? lol

And thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 21:32

Yes; apply the Ultimate Fix. It doesn't conflict with the manual patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 21:42

And I don't need to worry about the Fix causing any errors? To use it i'm only copy-pasting in to specific folders right?

Have you heard of the Fix fixing the unauthorized copy thing? Sorry for all the questions.....Thank you soooo so so much for helping!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 21:55

Naw, it shouldn't create any errors for you. Yes; follow the instructions closely (which consists of copying the right files to the right folders)

The Fix contains cracks which should get rid of the unauthorized copy error.

And no problemo Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 22:25

I'll be letting you know how everything goes of course =).....When I finish downloading all of the other torrents gaaaahhh!!! Mad

But I'm so thankful for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:10

antiskub wrote:"And could the Mac version of the Ultimate Fix fix it?"
Yes; that is the first thing I would try Smile

In the future, if you get a "the version of sims 3 _____ is not updatable...", just use the Manual Patch to manually update your game.
Link below v v v
Hello,

You do need the Mac version of the manual patch though, which can be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v142-fix-manual-patch
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:02

I did the Manual Patch and so far have Late Night, Ambitions, and Pets installed.

So then after I install all the others, I need to:
1) do the Master Fix
2) do the Manual Patch again
3) use the files within the Master Fix #Crack file???

Just making sure I have the steps right. Thanks for all the help! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:44

Yep that's correct

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 00:40

So, I finished everything...and it wouldn't start Sad .

It's saying "Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)" and I still have the "non-final, unauthorized copy" message Sad .

//EDIT

antiskub is the base game from this site totally hopeless for Macs?

I'm
already downloading another one recommended for Macs by another person
on the site, but I want to know if all the work I did so far was for
nothing and if I have to completely uninstall and reinstall Sad .

Btw I'm downloading the pre-cracked pirate bay Sims 3 download.

Update

After
looking at the forums more, I realized there was no point and
uninstalled lol. Sooooo I'll be bothering you again if this other base
game gives me problems. Wish me luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 17:32

Heya chibi,

Sorry to hear that your game isn't working Sad

The RELOADED version of the Mac base game is the one many people use (myself included)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 18:50

Where could I download the reloaded version?

The base game I got works....but I just tried to install World Adventures but it didn't recognize that the base game was installed because what I downloaded was the simple Mac application, which does work buuuut doesn't seem to be recognized by the EPs because it wasn't technically installed.

I'm going to try to install the games4theworld version but replace the app with the version I just got. Think that will finally work? Sad

//EDIT

I found the link in the post by rachiimay. Is that the right version of reloaded that you're familiar with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 19:24

What is "the simple Mac application" version of Sims 3? Never heard of it Surprised

As far as picking up Reloaded, rachiimay's link should be working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 19:46

lol The simple app one is basically just the actual app that you have in the Sims 3 folder that installs in applications. It's the actual app icon file. It worked....but I technically didn't install it....fudge! Mad

For rachiimay's link, is that the version reloaded that you used? Sad .....please give me hope back lol. Does it work with the EPs on here and everything?

And as far as steps for it:
1) Download and install it
2) Manual Patch it
3) install EPs
4) Manual Patch again
5) Use #Crack in Ultimate Fix
Are those right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 20:28

"is that the version reloaded that you used?"
I used a Reloaded version from a long time ago. It has no bearing on this conversation though Razz

"Does it work with the EPs on here and everything?"
it should.

"And as far as steps for it:"
1) Download and install it
2) Manual Patch it
3) install EPs
4) Do all steps in Ultimate Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 00:22

I'll let you know how it turns out Smile .

Thank you! I really appreciate the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 00:52

Sure thing; hopefully it'll run for you this time O.O

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 02:32

I KNOWWWWW!!!! lol

The sad thing is the base game my friend installed for me the first time was sooo perfect. No problems at all and worked with this site's EPs when I installed them. When he gets back to me I'll share it with the site if anyone asks.

....Btw...I had it and deleted it, not understanding what it was, when I was just starting out with all this stuff.... Noob

And are you sure I should completely use the Ultimate Fix? Going through racheiimay's post she says to only use the # crack folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 12:44

Base game works just fine with Mac. I've never had any base game issues. I run on OS X 10.8.2 (most current version of Mountain Lion).

I, too, am having major issues with Late Night. I'm getting the same message you're getting. Is yours lagging (or going super slowly), too? Mine is. I ran Generations, Seasons, and Ambitions just fine before Late Night got thrown into the mix. No lagging, no weird message.

If you figure it out, let me know! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top