Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3." Empty "You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3."

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:52

This is what the launcher for the base game says. I'm trying to install High-End Loft and it says "The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 High-End Loft Stuff.", I'm guessing this is because of the "non-final, unauthorized" base game?
Anyone know how to fix this?

Back to top Go down

"You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3." Empty Re: "You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3."

Post by Admin Mon 29 Oct 2012, 17:09

Hello,

Where did you get the base game and the expansion pack from?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

"You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3." Empty Re: "You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3."

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 17:18

They're all from here. I applied the crack before installing expansions, do you think this could be the reason?
I'm reinstalling it now.

Edit: Still same error message when trying to install High-End Loft without applying any cracks to the base game

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 29 Oct 2012, 18:46

Hello,

Please note that the Games4theworld version of the base game is not compatible with Mac.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 22:00

Well it's working for all other expansions except for high end loft and pets so I don't quite know what you're saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Tue 30 Oct 2012, 02:59

It means that the base game from Games4theworld would cause problems for Mac, and you should avoid it.

Please download a different version, such as RELOADED or from here: "You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3." 4049071320

Make sure your game is updated to the latest version before installing the EPs to avoid this message:
"The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 High-End Loft Stuff."

Do let us know if it helps!

PS: Please do not update to ver1.42 YET. You can try the 1.39 manual patch first, but if it doesn't work, you have to wait for ver1.42 of the Ultimate Fix.

Last edited by Admin on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 18:25; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 14:55

Ok I've downloaded the suggested base game from the guide, but the link to download the manual patch doesn't work :C

Edit- I downloaded the 1.39 manual update from a different site and seemed to have gotten it working. Thanks guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top