Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still World Adventures problems!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Still World Adventures problems!!!! Empty Still World Adventures problems!!!!

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 14:30

I've been to tombs before (not much, but I have) and never had problems. Today, day 2 in Egypt, all interactions in tombs are grayed out. Any object I try to click on says "no interactions available". Cant even click on the floor and "walk here".I did a search and found topics about people complaining about it since 2010 BUT NO SOLUTION!! That cant be possible can it? No solution after 3 freaking years??

Meanwhile I decided to put the tomb thing on hold and finish the MorcuCorp quest. I have to talk to 3 locals. Problem is, I cant interact with people either!! Any action just cancels itself. I dont even get to know them (they dont appear in the relationship panel). This is just ridiculous! What's the point if I cant touch anything or speak to anyone?? One of them was telling a ghost story and I couldnt even join in listening. I cant even buy stuff from the merchants, nothing!!

I tried al the "partial" solutions some people came up with but none is working. But there MUST be a fix for this,it's been 3 freaking years since!!

I have seasons btw, so the game is patched and updated.

Back to top Go down

Still World Adventures problems!!!! Empty Re: Still World Adventures problems!!!!

Post by Admin Fri 28 Dec 2012, 14:52

Hello,

I'm not sure, but this somehow sounds familiar.
Anyhow, let's see... do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Still World Adventures problems!!!! Empty Re: Still World Adventures problems!!!!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 16:28

Hello,

If you have no mods, or disabling them changes nothing, try this mod. It fixes a lot of issues with WA that EA hasn't. it also has a number of nifty options EA had no intention of fixing Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 17:31

I have CC, but I had it also before when no problem occured, plus a lot (really lot) of people reported the same issue while having no CC, so it cant be it.
I have no mods and I really dont wish to start with them unless it will become absolutely necessary :/.... so ElDi I'll keep that mod as a last resort, thanks anyway...but still, Im shocked that no official solution has been offered?? Because really A LOT of people had the problem..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 17:40

This issue is caused by a mod (not necessarily CC). Some of that are known to cause it are listed here:

- Jordoosim's "Daylight"
- Jonha's "No Pregnancy Chime"
- Cazelfax's "Higher Bills"

Those are just a few that are known to cause it, there are probably many more. The short is, you'll have to go through your mods to figure out which one it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 28 Dec 2012, 19:43

hexorcist wrote:This issue is caused by a mod...
malatara wrote:I have no mods...

Wink

I also agree with LadyEldi, though. Traveler is a fantastic mod, and I couldn't have played WA without it. However, I would first try removing all of your cc, and having your sim travel home, if at all possible. That way you can see if the problem carries over out of the vacation worlds.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 20:17

Hello,

Traveler is absolutely safe and will only cause issues if the version you're using is outdated.
No need to be shocked, that's EA Wink I wonder if the current Seasons bugs will be patched at all before the new stuffpack comes out.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 21:07

invalidusername wrote:

Wink

How many times per day do we read "I did that!" ... just to tell the person to do it again and find out that after they've done it "again" it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 28 Dec 2012, 21:26

hexorcist wrote:
invalidusername wrote:

Wink

How many times per day do we read "I did that!" ... just to tell the person to do it again and find out that after they've done it "again" it worked.

Well, true. lol But this wasn't a removal, just them saying that they don't use mods, and that they'd actually rather not, if it could be helped. Smile Usually in that case, I do believe the poster.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 22:17

It's not that I disbelieve them. Most of them I think they genuinely think they did do what they should have done (or in this case, I believe this person may genuinely believe they don't use mods) .. but we can't know for sure unless they send us a screenshot. Maybe someone else who uses that computer installed a mod, or maybe they downloaded something that wasn't a mod but it installed a mod (there are such packages available). Lots of possibilities out there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 28 Dec 2012, 22:34

Ah, you've got me there. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 13:18

Well, it got progressively worst, until my sim just got stuck in one place and any action canceled itself immediately, even his free-will ones. So he just stood there, while other sims pranced around normally. But when bladder hit rock bottom he didnt pee himself and when energy hit rock bottom he didnt fall down and pass out. Luckily the vacation ended 3 hours before he'd die of hunger Smile Then he returned home and the game played normally on. I'll keep him at home for a while and then try to return, if it wont work as it should I'll use the mod. Thanks a lot for all your help!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Dec 2012, 13:33

Hello,

Shall we keep this topic open for you? In case you want to share the final result. Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top