Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medieval - Pirates and Nobles issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Medieval - Pirates and Nobles issue Empty Medieval - Pirates and Nobles issue

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 20:53

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this issue since there isn't really a topic directly for this game, and the only other place says "non-Sims games". Anyway, here's the issue: I've downloaded the .rar file for Pirates and Nobles, but my antivirus keep deleting the rld.dll file in the #crack folder. Is that file absolutely necessary to apply into the game, or can I find a way around this? I've tried temporarily disabling my firewall, and that did nothing. Every time I add it to my folder, it immediately disappears.

Back to top Go down

Medieval - Pirates and Nobles issue Empty Re: Medieval - Pirates and Nobles issue

Post by Admin Sat 29 Dec 2012, 21:46

Hello,

Well, yes, it's part of the crack, lol.
You can try the Ultimate Fix too: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Medieval - Pirates and Nobles issue Empty Re: Medieval - Pirates and Nobles issue

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 03:09

I figured as much. Well, with the Ultimate Fix it doesn't give me that file.. I noticed in the installation guide for the Ultimate Fix, it only contained the TSLHost.dll and TSM.exe files. Will it work without that third file from the Pirates and Nobles crack (rld.dll), or do I need to somehow obtain it without my antivirus software destroying it?

EDIT: I was able to retain the file. I suppose I'll give this game a try now!
EDIT 2: Well, I re-downloaded the Fix, and like a big fool, apparently my anti-virus protection ALSO blocked that file (which is why I assumed it wasn't in the fix to begin with - I was awfully confused about the installation guide, as well, lol). I have the fix file now, so everything should be on track.

Last edited by ArcanaAwaits on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 06:40; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 30 Dec 2012, 04:30

I would try running the game without it, and if it doesn't work, then you know you absolutely need it. Admin may say differently, however, if you'd like to wait for his input. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top