Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Medieval keeps crashing to dekstop.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Medieval keeps crashing to dekstop.[SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Medieval keeps crashing to dekstop.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 00:47

When I first started up the game it said that the game didn't recognize my graphics card and had put everything up to high settings. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, so naturally, it can take everything in high settings, so I just left it like it was. The first time it crashed, it was because I right clicked on the footsteps to the forest (where I had to collect wood) and the second time it crashed when I double clicked my Sims portrait to see where she was. I don't know what's going on but I think it may have something to do with the fact that the game didn't recognize my graphics card at all? Is this a common problem? Thanks.

Here are my comp specs:

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz 38 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77X-UD3H (Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz) 28 °C
Graphics
HP w2408 (1920x1200@59Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Hard Drives
932GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device (SATA) 27 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHDS118 6 ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

I have more than enough RAM obviously.

EDIT: I used to be able to at least make it to the actual game, now I can't get past the loading screen :/

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Medieval keeps crashing to dekstop.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Medieval keeps crashing to dekstop.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 01 Jan 2013, 11:33

Hello,

Having a great graphicscard unfortunately doesn't mean that it's supported for the game. But make sure your drivers are up to date.
This can also be applied to The Sims Medieval.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Medieval keeps crashing to dekstop.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Medieval keeps crashing to dekstop.[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Tue 01 Jan 2013, 20:30

Hello,

In case you'd like to update your graphic card drivers, this is the one you need: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.70-whql-driver-uk.html

Choose "Custom" and "Clean installation" during the installation wizard. Don't forget to restart your PC afterwards. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 08:22

I fixed it! Played for around 3 hours today. My motherboard needed an update so I don't know if that was what fixed it but I also completely uninstalled and then applied the Sims 3 Medieval Fix from you guys. It wasn't my vid card, but it seems a clean install did it. Thanks for the replies Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 02 Jan 2013, 10:47

Hello,

You're welcome.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top