Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing expansions for the sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing expansions for the sims 3 Empty Installing expansions for the sims 3

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 13:43

Hi,

I'm having a little problem.
I bought the sims 3 on a disc a while ago.
I wanted to play it again today so I installed it.
But I've played the game so many times that I wanted to install some expansions to.
So I downloaded 4 expansion from you : Supernatural, Seasons, Pets and High end loft stuff.
The point is that this is the first time that I downloaded a game or an expansion from the internet, usually I bought them in the store.
So the problem : How do I install the expansions ?
When I open the download Winrar opens and there are a lot of things in it, but I have no idea what to do with al of it or how to get the game working.
Is it even possible to install a downloaded expansion on a disc game ?
I also read the instructions but I'm not much further with that either.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Installing expansions for the sims 3 Empty Re: Installing expansions for the sims 3

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:12

Hello,

Extract the file you downloaded, and look for the "setup". I'll show you a screenshot:
Installing expansions for the sims 3 Image211

There's an installation guide in there that has a serial number.
It's no problem to install these expansions with a legit sims 3 on disc. You'll need to crack it though. Go here for more information, and let us know if you have any questions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Installing expansions for the sims 3 Empty Re: Installing expansions for the sims 3

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 05:12

When I try to run the SIMS3SPO1Setup.exe I get an error that says:

>SetupNew/setup.cpp(140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR;
PGUID;
$15.0.o.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (6002)
IE Version 9.0.8112.16421

I've got the base game installed (no patches applied yet) and I want to install several expansion packs, but with each one i get this error. I am not using the # cracks because in your guide to correctly install sim3 you say not to. How do I get passed this error?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 17 Jan 2013, 15:44

Try re-extracting the files. That may be a corrupt file that the computer just can't read.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:59

Nnobody wrote:When I try to run the SIMS3SPO1Setup.exe I get an error that says:

>SetupNew/setup.cpp(140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR;
PGUID;
$15.0.o.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (6002)
IE Version 9.0.8112.16421

I've got the base game installed (no patches applied yet) and I want to install several expansion packs, but with each one i get this error. I am not using the # cracks because in your guide to correctly install sim3 you say not to. How do I get passed this error?
Hello there,

Please open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!) When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop. Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top