Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Paid" custom content - how to get besides PMBD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Paid" custom content - how to get besides PMBD Empty "Paid" custom content - how to get besides PMBD

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 23:40

I am aware of the awesome site that is paysites.mustbedestroyed.org and have used it since the early years of Sims 2, but since their updates are now few and far between, how should I go about getting user-created custom content that creators are charging for? Is there any way other than actually purchasing it (which is silly because it's kind of illegal for them to sell it anyway, ha). How do the P.MBD team do it?

Back to top Go down

"Paid" custom content - how to get besides PMBD Empty Re: "Paid" custom content - how to get besides PMBD

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 23:50

Try TSR, but they only give away exclusive items once a day and it's usually female items.

Back to top Go down

"Paid" custom content - how to get besides PMBD Empty Re: "Paid" custom content - how to get besides PMBD

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 00:04

Oh yeah, I've seen that. I don't care to support TSR (even if it's free) and I don't generally like that free stuff anyway. What I am looking for is information on how these paysites are coded and encrypted and if there is a way to sneakily download items from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Jan 2013, 09:45

Hello,

It's probably done in much the same way as EA official store content is shared. And I suspect that the way that it's done is, there is a group of people who buy it. Maybe they take turns or whatever, and they upload the sims3packs to another site like mediafire and share the links.
I don't think there's a trick involved to download it for free since the downloadlink itself will probably be on a secure site that can't be accessed until money is spent. Or a link is received (from which to download) by email.

What you can do however is try to find what you're looking for with google. That works best if you know the name of the sims3pack. There are ways to find out, and I'd be happy to test my hypothesis if you can link me to a random page that has paid CC.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top