Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About custom content

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About custom content Empty About custom content

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:17

Hi everyone, I just want to ask if is it possible to install cc's even if I don't ave mods? and also will it really slow down my game? If yes, what are your suggestions so that I will not have a problem in the future. Smile Thanks!

Back to top Go down

About custom content Empty Re: About custom content

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Oct 2013, 21:50

christina_pia wrote:Hi everyone, I just want to ask if is it possible to install cc's even if I don't ave mods? and also will it really slow down my game? If yes, what are your suggestions so that I will not have a problem in the future. :)Thanks!
Hello,

Depending on how you define "CC", yes, you can have CC without mods. "Mods" are things which somehow "influence" the gameplay, whereas CC - for most people - are things like furniture, clothing, hairstyles, makeup, etc.

So yes, you can have CC without mods. But if the CC is not well made, they can cause problems like lags or crashes.

Personally, I don't download so many CC items. I only have the official store content, custom skins, a few hairstyles and clothing pieces. Keep in mind that there is always some kind of "risk" involved with CC made from hobby simmers: again, if they are not professionally made, then they can cause trouble.

But don't let yourself get too discouraged by me. Laughing  You can go ahead with CC, but don't install too many of them at once, just install them in small "portions", so that when you see trouble in-game, then you know what item(s) may caused this.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 14:45

Hello, can you recommend me sites which have good cc's? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 28 Oct 2013, 14:48

christina_pia wrote:Hello, can you recommend me sites which have good cc's? Smile
I would recommend Mod The Sims, Pay Site Must Be Destroyed and The Sims Resource. I don't quite recommend downloading stuff from The Sims 3 official Exchange though. Several people downloaded some CC there and it caused quite a lot of problems.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 14:53

Thanks! Smile))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 28 Oct 2013, 19:15

cat2006house wrote:
christina_pia wrote:Hello, can you recommend me sites which have good cc's? Smile
I would recommend Mod The Sims, Pay Site Must Be Destroyed and The Sims Resource. I don't quite recommend downloading stuff from The Sims 3 official Exchange though. Several people downloaded some CC there and it caused quite a lot of problems.
I would say beware of Pay Sites Must Be Destroyed!

They use to be great years ago, however, I've downloaded loads from them in the past and the present only to find a lot of furniture/household items mess my game up because it's all out of date.  A lot of stuff uploaded on that site isn't compatible with the new patches that have been released.  It's bad with the 1.63 patch but I even had a problem when my game was 1.57-.  The content there is old and it's rare you find files dating 2013.  Most are 2009-2011!  A LOT with The Sims 3 has changed since then.  It's so bad that most counter tops I get from that site glitch out (I can't place ANYTHING on them) when I use them in my Sim's home.  Beds are the worst though. In my most recent game I found a whole cluster of beds I had downloaded were all wonky. My sims got stuck in it without an option to leave and I had to reset them (then PURGE the downloads from my game with fire).  

At the end of the day, I'd advise just using PSMBD for makeup, hair and clothing.  That's it.  Even then, beware, some hairs are old too and the files themselves can cause a lot of slow gameplay and even crashing.  You end up having to go through your downloads, trying to figure out which one is causing the problem... it's just a headache in general. Facepalm
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top