Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Base Game download from G4TW: From an Iso file to Archive overnight?? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Base Game download from G4TW: From an Iso file to Archive overnight?? [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Base Game download from G4TW: From an Iso file to Archive overnight?? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 16:17

Hello!

I have been playing the Sims 3 and all eps, sps and ea store stuff on my good PC since months now. They all come from your download page.

There is an issue there. I've formatted my SSDs for personal care, and then reinstalled windows 7. I kept all the G4TW Sims 3 downloads in a well placed and safe folder in an external SSD drive. I perfectly know that your Sims 3 Base Game is made of Iso files, no? Well, they've been that way since I've downloaded them on last august 2012.

The thing is: one day it worked, then overnight, the Iso files just wouldn't let themselves open with Daemon Tools lite. It's says (my computer's french) ''Erreur: Fichier Erroné'', at startup from Daemon Tools. Then it just closes the exe file and nothing happens anymore.

I saw that the Iso (Sims 3 Startup Disk and Sims 3 Disk 1) are still Iso files, but only JUST. Because now, these Iso files can be (and this never happenned to me in all my years I've been using Iso) opened as RAR archives or even 7-Zip! I don't even know how I did that!

Well, at least, I can extract the Iso file. But there is another issue altogether: Setup from Startup Disk installs the game, but then, it asks to put the Disk 1 in the driver, and I can't , because the Iso isn't mounted by Daemon tools lite. So it can't be opened. It just says: the installation couldn't be completed. The rollback shall start''. Then it goes backwards, and the installation is reinitialized. This is ridiculous!

Now what? How can I mount this Iso (or Archive??) file? Is this sudden corruption?? Daemon Tools can,t take it. Now I can't install Sims 3, just because of some weird stuff.... Omoro is at school now, but I told him I'd try to get assistance. He was pretty angry last night about this not being able to play stuff. So, please, guys, can I have some of your assistance? What can I do to settle this weird event?

I thank you in advance!

Kabiru.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base Game download from G4TW: From an Iso file to Archive overnight?? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Base Game download from G4TW: From an Iso file to Archive overnight?? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Tue 22 Jan 2013, 19:15

Hello,

Don't extract the .ISO files, leave them like that.
When mounting in Daemon Tools Lite, please be sure to use a "SCSI Virtual Drive" (add one or two, if necessary) and NOT an "MT Virtual Drive"!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base Game download from G4TW: From an Iso file to Archive overnight?? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Base Game download from G4TW: From an Iso file to Archive overnight?? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 13:37

Thanks Admin.

It worked. I thank you.

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 23 Jan 2013, 20:45

Hello Romantyke,

Glad to hear it's working fine now.
Haven't seen you around for a while.

Enjoy the game and you know where to find us if you need more assistance! Sims 3 Base Game download from G4TW: From an Iso file to Archive overnight?? [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male