Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED] Empty several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 02:46

Ok, first off there are a few EPs I downloaded from you guys (showtime is the first one I downloaded and it installed perfectly!) that when i try to unzip them all it says is invalid .rar I havent done anything to these files except download and try to unzip them.

If it will let me unzip and access the files etc, if i try to run the set up application, a window pops up that says

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498
@windows vista service pack

and then it lists the IE version i have...

what have I done wrong? - i DID try to find the answer for this already but either I am lost enough to not even recognize the answer or I have messed up in a new way (doubtful)

Back to top Go down

several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED] Empty Re: several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:23

You're going to be told "only use WinRAR, others will corrupt your files!!!!!!!!!" .. which is baloney and comes from individuals who have never attempted the others to know whether or not they will corrupt your files.

This error is nearly 100% of the time caused by files not being extracted properly - meaning they either weren't extracted at all (ie: trying to run the .exe from within the archive), or the archive was corrupt and they could not be extracted (Note: it has NOTHING to do with which suite you use to extract with, they all use the SAME EXACT algorithm - and I've proven this somewhere in these threads, though it seems some don't understand what "md5sum" is and what it does - and google is obviously too hard).

Given that you've stated that it's told you the files are invalid rar files, I'd almost guarantee that your files are corrupt or not completely downloaded.

Back to top Go down

several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED] Empty Re: several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 15:56

I was already in the process of redownloading one of the EPs. it finally finished and when i unzipped it and ran it, it installed perfectly. So, you were very right, it seems it was just an erroneous download. thank you for your response!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:53

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Thank you, Hexorcist!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance! several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top