Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOLVED] "Origin Is Not Running" and "Contents Of Your User Data" error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] "Origin Is Not Running" and "Contents Of Your User Data" error. Empty [SOLVED] "Origin Is Not Running" and "Contents Of Your User Data" error.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 20:07

Alright so I downloaded the torrent yesterday, I actually made a point to download the "Games4TheWorld" one because I liked the fact that you guys have an UltimateFix that'll automatically update the game as soon as (or close to when) the official updates are released!

Unfortunately, ever since I downloaded this torrent i've ran into an issue during each step, BUT after reading the forums and applying any fixes i'd ran across i've been able to progress through these issues so i'm more then ecstatic for that! Now i'm just at the very last step: Launching. This part has been the longest one i've been stuck on so far and i'm not really sure what i'm doing wrong. The solutions I saw in other forum posts that i've tried out is:

1. Get the UltimateFix because it'll fix most problems - Done it and it did fix many prior issues but i'm still getting the error message.
2. Move the folder the game is installed in directly to Program Files (x86) folder instead of the Electronic Arts one - Done it, nothing happened though.
3. Add the Sim files to the exception list on your anti-virus program - Completely uninstalled my anti-virus program and added the listed files to my Windows Defender exception list, same error.
4. Read Carlos' guide - Tried each fix atleast once if not twice, however still ended up getting the same message.
5. Watched Sim Architect's YouTube video on how to properly install the game - This one really helped, i'd uninstalled and then reinstalled the game the way he said to and I finally stopped getting the Origin login popup, it just went straight to the error message (which is good because I found out you weren't even suppose to be getting that login screen from Carlos' guide #Progress!)
6. Block Origin in your anti-virus program - This is the one that seemed to help the most people however i'd already uninstalled my anti-virus program and i'm not 100% how to block something in Defender because it mainly just gives you the option to Allow.

Can anyone explain how to block something via Defender, and if that doens't work are there any other solutions that I perhaps missed? I know you guys work hard to help everyone to the best of your abilities and we all deeply appreciate you for that! All the suggested solutions in these forums have been effective in pushing me past every single error i'd encountered so far, and now I just got one more roadblock to jump over.

Operating System: Windows 7
If you'd like to have a look into my computer we can arrange a join.me session too so just let me know.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Update* Okay I just realized that i'm no longer getting the "Origin Is Not Running" message anymore, that must have changed after I reinstalled the game the way SimArchitect did (thanks!) however the error I get now is the Unable to start:
The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. [d6f91ffb].  I'll search around for some topics that address that but just incase this doesn't get solved it'd be nice if anyone can just through another solution here for anyone else that's having the same pattern of issues. Thanks!

*Update* I've gone to Carlos' fix for this issue (found here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4)

Two issues: 
1. When I tried re-applying the UltimateFix and tried starting the game, it only starting bringing up the "Origin Not Running" message.
2. When I undid that and tried the next option, I couldn't do it because there is no "saves" in the location he posted, this is what mine looks like:

What am I doing wrong?

*Last Update* A miracle happened. Somehow, when i'd tried starting the game after connecting to my VPN (Cyberghost), the game actually started! I hadn't even gotten on the VPN for that purpose yet it worked, will you look at that! So now i'm having no issues with the launch thank goodness. I am however having an in-game issue because now the loading screen freezes before I can even do anything, but i'll take that issue to the assigned forum for issues like that (so happy to atleast be having IN-game issues instead of not being able to start it up at all!)

For anyone whose had the same issue as me, just download Cyberghost, connect to an American server, then try starting your game. It should work. Wish you all the best!!

*Addition to Last Update*
Solved the in-game loading issue as well, solution listen in this topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21501-game-completely-freezes-at-loading-screen-haven-t-downloaded-get-to-work-solved . Happy simming!

Last edited by AspiringPro on Tue 27 Oct 2015, 19:47; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] "Origin Is Not Running" and "Contents Of Your User Data" error. Empty Re: [SOLVED] "Origin Is Not Running" and "Contents Of Your User Data" error.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 20:18

SO many people this week have been having this problem?

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] "Origin Is Not Running" and "Contents Of Your User Data" error. Empty Re: [SOLVED] "Origin Is Not Running" and "Contents Of Your User Data" error.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 21:09

Breenana1227 wrote:SO many people this week have been having this problem?
Yeah I don't know what's up with it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 20 Oct 2015, 06:58

Wow! Maybe they are blacklisting IPs? Thanks for sharing the info on the VPN. It also means that, if someone does not want to use a VPN, perhaps they could be able to run the game if keeping the network disconected (unplug the wired conection AND put the computer/laptop on flight mode/disable wifi)...

Good work!

Tea 4 Tea 4
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top