Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Definitely a user error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Definitely a user error  Empty Definitely a user error

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2018, 04:15

I am not having any errors or problems with my game technically, I just cannot figure out how to install the latest patch. 

I thought I followed all the instructions with the new ISO etc but obviously, I did not. There are no errors or issues except for the typical small things that follow not updating your game. Just curious if someone can help make me understand how or what I did wrong and make it work properly.  Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Definitely a user error  Empty Re: Definitely a user error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Sep 2018, 04:47

miseriabello5 wrote:(...) There are no errors or issues except for the typical small things that follow not updating your game. 

What small things exactly? Also, if you used that all-in-one .iso, you already got a fully updated game (a.k.a. there is nothing to update "beyond" what you already have).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2018, 07:42

I think @miseriabello5 means Update 1.46. Correct me if I'm wrong but instructions in that update tell you to delete "Game" folder before applying. That will cause problems. Easy to fix, from the same topic I linked download "Game" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Sep 2018, 21:03

anadius wrote:I think @miseriabello5 means Update 1.46. Correct me if I'm wrong but instructions in that update tell you to delete "Game" folder before applying. That will cause problems. Easy to fix, from the same topic I linked download "Game" folder.

The OP was referring though to "small errors", and I thought mainly about some in-game or mod issue. 

If they deleted the old "Game"-folder and then applied the 1.46 patch, would they even be able to start up the game? Not sure, but my first guess they wouldn't be able to do so.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Sep 2018, 03:47

Thank you all for the quick responses. I had downloaded the 1.46.18.1020.iso
I did not do it right, I didn't receive any of the items that come with the update.
My game crashes sometimes and since I have mods that have updated since the patch, of course, I get the orange error messages. Not tech savvy at all so my apologies if the explanations are atrocious.  Facepalm Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Sep 2018, 09:29

If you're playing on 32-bit system you will get crashes even without mods. From Cats & Dogs onward DLCs require 64-bit system. So if you want to play without crashes, disable those DLCs or upgrade your computer.

What's the exact error message you get? Make a screenshot. And run the validator and post the result here, this will tell us if anything's wrong with your files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2018, 04:58

bbcode:

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2018, 09:37

I don't know what you did but there are no files from update 1.46 in your Sims 4 folder. And as I said, if you're playing on 32-bit system you need to disable Cats & Dogs and later DLCs to avoid crashes. You can use my DLC toggler, just extract it to your "The Sims 4" directory.

To clean up delete those folders:
Game\Bin\__Installer
Game\Bin\Data
Game\Bin\Delta
Game\Bin\Game
Game_

I still don't know what orangeemu error you get so all I can tell you is add both .exe and both OrangeEmu .dll files to your anti-virus exception list and block their internet access in your firewall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top