Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ambitions installation issues. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ambitions installation issues. [SOLVED] Empty Ambitions installation issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2011, 08:58

Hiya! Very Happy so I have downloaded the Ambitions EP to add with my existing Sims 3. It took me all day to download the torrent and extract the rar and after I got to the files I obviously went to the installation guide and follow it step by step.

I wasn't sure if I followed step one right, but it asked to download the G4TW version of Sims 3 and expansions/packs. Do I need to still download the G4TW version of Sims 3 if I have the cd version I bought from the store? And it asked to download in a specific order: (Be sure you Install in this order: The Sims 3, World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Ambitions) I accidentally downloaded Ambitions first since I had no idea it would be necessary to download in order. Would this effect the files should I uninstall it and go back to it later?

So I was a bit confused with the first step so I went forward to the next steps and installing Ambitions went by smoothly. I saw the desktop icon of Ambitions so I clicked on it and got directed to the Ambitions launcher. When I clicked play it kept saying I need a disk and would keep saying that when I clicked retry. When I clicked cancel it said process could not be started. Question It also did that on The Sims 3 launcher. (note again this is the store-bought Sims 3, I only downloaded Ambitions)

Nothing worked yet so I followed step five onwards where I had open the crack folders and drag/replace files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin So I followed the directions by dragging the cracks from the two folders. What happened is TS3.exe got replaced, TSLHost.dll got replaced twice, and TS3EP02 never got replaced since I never had it on that folder.

Things got worse. When I opened The Sims 3 Game Launcher it said there was an error during startup, please see the log for more details. Then the launcher quit itself. Then The Sims 3 Ambitions Launcher said the same thing earlier (I need a disk, process could not be started). I'm confused I could be wrong but don't the expansion packs share on one game launcher, The Sims 3 Game Launcher? I don't know why I have two: one that works and one that doesn't work.

Help anyone? I still want to download other expansion and stuff packs, but I want to download these fast and easier, but it looks like I made my Sims 3 worse.

Back to top Go down

Ambitions installation issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ambitions installation issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:40

Hello there,

Haha, sounds like you pretty messed up. No problem, we'll fix it.

There's no problem in using a retail / legal version of one of the games, so no, there's no need to really have the ®️ Games4theworld version(s).
Also, the specific order doesn't apply any more. But I'll tell you what to do in a second.

When copying the crack, you copied the cracks from both "# Crack" folder (in the .rar file you downloaded) to óne folder. That is wrong. If you read the "# Installation Guide.txt" very carefully, it says you have to copy each folder to a different folder.

Anyhow, in order to fix your problem, please do the following:

1. Install our Outdoor Living Stuff expansion.
2. Install our Late Night expansion.
3. Install all other expansions you like.
4. Apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (Read the included "# Installation Guide.pdf" very carefully!

See if it works after doing the above. Good luck! Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Ambitions installation issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ambitions installation issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2011, 18:46

Ahh ok... I misread the cracks then. Do I have to reapply the cracks now then install in that order?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 10 Apr 2011, 21:21

dudejca wrote:Ahh ok... I misread the cracks then. Do I have to reapply the cracks now then install in that order?
Hello,

No, just move on to the following:

A wise Admin once wrote:Anyhow, in order to fix your problem, please do the following:

1. Install our Outdoor Living Stuff expansion.
2. Install our Late Night expansion.
3. Install all other expansions you like.
4. Apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (Read the included "# Installation Guide.pdf" very carefully!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011, 07:41

After I finally installed all my favorite expansions, I applied the fix and the instructions were very clear to understand. Now my game works fine now! Thank you very much! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 12 Apr 2011, 17:01

dudejca wrote:After I finally installed all my favorite expansions, I applied the fix and the instructions were very clear to understand. Now my game works fine now! Thank you very much! cheers
Hi there,

You're welcome. Glad it works.
Have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top