Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with horses and unicorns. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with horses and unicorns. [SOLVED] Empty Problems with horses and unicorns. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 00:39

Hi guyzz!! Help 
I have trouble with "trying to make a foal" action.
Every time I am putting my unicorns to do it they just sniff each other but than nothing happens..
Dogz and catz are fine only horses and unicorns are having problems at every town and family..
I also have an issue with the equestrian center when I am trying to take part in equestrian competitions my sim and horse enter the building they stay there for some hours but nothing happens just the sims skill increases a little bit..
Thanks in advance!!

Back to top Go down

Problems with horses and unicorns. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with horses and unicorns. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 01:24

Hello,

Do you have any mods/CC?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Problems with horses and unicorns. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with horses and unicorns. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 01:27

I did but I though this might cause the problem and I deleted them but the same thing happens..Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 01:28

d.elena wrote:I did but I though this might cause the problem and I deleted them but the same thing happens..Wat.
Hello,

What files did you delete? Did you clear the content of the folder "DCCache"? Many people has misunderstood that clearing the folder "Downloads" means clearing all of the sims3packs installed. In fact, this is not the case.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 01:36

I did it on the cache files just the content of them.. I also unistaled the downloads just to be sure that's not the problem.. The only mods I have are the last store fixes wich I putted them an hour ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 01:53

d.elena wrote:I did it on the cache files just the content of them.. I also unistaled the downloads just to be sure that's not the problem.. The only mods I have are the last store fixes wich I putted them an hour ago.
Hello,

Not Caches, but the folder "DCCache". Delete the content of this folder and try again. This is where sims3pack CC is installed.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 02:04

I did but no luck..

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 02:07

Hello,

Now rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Run the launcher and place the saves in old renamed folder to the new C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves. See if it works.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 02:34

Now I can't play my family when I choose the town it starts with my sister's family I click on edit town and choose to play my family it loads and just stops at the map view can't scroll and there isn't anything to click on to quit or go to the menu but the game is running..Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 02:54

d.elena wrote:Now I can't play my family when I choose the town it starts with my sister's family I click on edit town and choose to play my family it loads and just stops at the map view can't scroll and there isn't anything to click on to quit or go to the menu but the game is running..Facepalm
Hello,

Why don't you start an old save instead of a new save? Didn't I tell you to move the old saves to the new folder?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 02:58

That's exactly what I did.. I renamed the sims 3 folder started the launcher a new sims 3 folder were created took my old saves from the first sims 3 folder and putted them on the new one and started the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 03:01

d.elena wrote:That's exactly what I did.. I renamed the sims 3 folder started the launcher a new sims 3 folder were created took my old saves from the first sims 3 folder and putted them on the new one and started the game.
Hello,

Can you save the family to bin in "Edit Town" and start a new save with the family. You won't lose any data (except relationships beyond the family) regarding this family.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 03:25

The family loaded fine but one of my unicorns is missing and my cat..
I can't do anything with my unicorn..
Should I put the fix/crack to the new folder after following your suggestion?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 03:38

d.elena wrote:The family loaded fine but one of my unicorns is missing and my cat..
I can't do anything with my unicorn..
Should I put the fix/crack to the new folder after following your suggestion?
Hello,

Are your unicorn and cat CC? If yes, please reinstall them and make sure you have the store fix. You can also download and apply the latest one here: www.games4theworlddownloads.org.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 03:47

I adopted the cat from the settler, and I found the unicorn from the neighborhood.
So they are not cc and I don't have mods file to put the store fix..

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 04:08

Hello,

I think you should create a new save (again). Go through CAS and click pre-made sims. All the sims and animals of your previous family should be right inside the list. Try to start from stretch and see if the unicorns will try for foal. If you want to build their relationships fast, hold Ctrl+Shift+C when playing with the save, and type "testingcheatsenabled true" (minus quotes). Afterwards, go to "Relationships" tab and drag the relationship bar between them.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 04:30

I can't find them on the list.
I putted the new save of the library on a new lot and it worked I don't l know about the horses but mine are fine now..
Thank you for your time you really helped me!!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 05:09

d.elena wrote:I can't find them on the list.
I putted the new save of the library on a new lot and it worked I don't l know about the horses but mine are fine now..
Thank you for your time you really helped me!!
Hello,

"I don't know abut the horses"? Does it work on horses (unicorns) then? If not, go to this folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves and rename the backup of the old save (the save where unicorns exist) to (name of the save).sims3. Now go in-game and "try for foal" with this save.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 05:20

All horses and unicorns are fine after the second saving..Very Happy
What I noticed after so many years of playing the sims 3 is that I have to make a new family or save every week..
I also have another problem with the game every time I am playing on the town where I have two families when a family member is growing up on the family that I am not playing loses his inventory content like imaginary friends and portfolio.. Should I make a new topic?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:29

d.elena wrote:All horses and unicorns are fine after the second saving..Very Happy
What I noticed after so many years of playing the sims 3 is that I have to make a new family or save every week..
I also have another problem with the game every time I am playing on the town where I have two families when a family member is growing up on the family that I am not playing loses his inventory content like imaginary friends and portfolio.. Should I make a new topic?
Hello,

I will look into this problem and test it myself. But I can't tell exactly it's an "general" glitch or just you.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 13:36

I did a research before posting but haven't seeing something like that.
The other pets problems I found where just for dogs or cats interactions.
And the inventory it seems that there are some glitches that things just disappear or some of them are stuck and can't do anything with them or sell them..

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 13:42

d.elena wrote:I did a research before posting but haven't seeing something like that.
Hello,

Because not many simmers are willing to play with 2 families in the same town by switching the default household again and again.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 13:51

If switching the families like that causes problems I can just put my family to an other town.
But I don't understand the stuck items on the family or sim inventor like cars it happens all the time to all families and without switching the active family from edit town.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 12 Sep 2013, 05:22

The inventories have always been bugged. There are a few mods that help keep them from getting that way, and fix them if anything does happen, like NRaas' Overwatch.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 15:44

Okayyyy!
Thanks a lot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top