Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help out the noob please :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

help out the noob please :( Empty help out the noob please :(

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 12:33

hey guys. i can't open my launcher at all and i can't install any sims3packs either. i just installed my game again using the ultimate fix, after installing i couldn't open my launcher to update. what am i suppose to do now?Help 

Back to top Go down

help out the noob please :( Empty Re: help out the noob please :(

Post by J.T. Mon 21 Oct 2013, 12:38

You shouldn't apply the Ultimate Fix before patching your game. Now I suggest you download the manual patch and run it: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch-updated.

Afterwards, apply the crack from the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the files when you are told to do so.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:24

what does patching means exactly? is it the same as updating? so I should update my sims to 1.63 using the , manual patch and THEN apply the crack from the ultimste fix? I dont have to uninstall my game?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:29

f5yes wrote:what does patching means exactly? is it the same as updating? so I should update my sims to 1.63 using the , manual patch and THEN apply the crack from the ultimste fix? I dont have to uninstall my game?
Patching means updating, in layman's term. No you don't need to uninstall the applications. You only need to apply the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix as mentioned.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 02:41

okay, i did exactly what you told me to, but ts still not working. my launcher still wont open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 05:10

f5yes wrote:okay, i did exactly what you told me to, but ts still not working. my launcher still wont open.
Are you sure you did it correctly? Try uninstalling the base game [reinstall it],  update your game and THEN apply the ultimate fix (version 1.63)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 10:50

hey! sorry for the late reply, been busy with college. i found a solution to my problems. i didn't exactly solve it. but i found a way to not overcome that issue again. i made another user account on my laptop and started playing the sims there. i could install custom contents and play the latest sims 3 game. so yay for me! thanks for the help guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Tue 29 Oct 2013, 11:50

Well that's great to know! Anything else we can help you with? Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:03

well, just for precautions, is there a way that i can avoid problems like that from occurring again? 

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:14

f5yes wrote:well, just for precautions, is there a way that i can avoid problems like that from occurring again? 
Mods/caches can contribute to this error. I think the reason why you can't use the launcher from another account is that you might have outdated/incompatible mods and corrupted caches.

Avoid installing conflicting/compatible mods. You can always check with Delphy's Dashboard to see if there are any conflicts. For compatibility of mods, you can employ the following method:

help out the noob please :( 50pFlowv2

Cache & files clearing can be done as follows:

1 ) Open the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
2 ) Delete the following in the folder:

Create-a-Sim CacheCasPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode cachecompositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cachescriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cachesimCompositorCache.package
Simport-related (maybe?) and other social data, if you use the wall to integrate with your MyPage on thesims3.com sitesocialCache.package
files inside the folder "Thumbnails"*.package
pictures inside the folder "FeaturedItems"thumb_*.png
files inside DCCache (not all)missingdeps.idx & dcc.ent
files that end with .bin inside the folder "Downloads" and "SigsCache"*.bin
A file that is created once you download a Sim/Pet (inside the folder "SavedSims")Downloadedsims.index
All of the files inside the folder "WorldCaches" and "IGACache"/
Still, there are possibilities that these methods won't work. If so, the last resort would be renaming the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. If that still doesn't work, it's all EA's fault to design the launcher with such poor design. You should probably download and install CC Magic/TSR Merlin to help you with the installation of the sims3packs.

//EDIT Almost forgot: you can also delete the files (except ccmerged.package) inside the folder DCBackup.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 07:49

oh wow! thanks for the tips! i'll do that Smile

btw, is it okay if i install sims 3 late night even though i already have the sims 3 into the future installed? will it corrupt my game if i install the game not in the right order?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:19

f5yes wrote:oh wow! thanks for the tips! i'll do that Smile

btw, is it okay if i install sims 3 late night even though i already have the sims 3 into the future installed? will it corrupt my game if i install the game not in the right order?
You can install The Sims 3 Late Night safely. You don't have to install the expansion packs/stuff packs in order.

However, just for precaution, back up the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 before making any changes to the game (i.e. updating, installing expansion packs/stuff packs).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:36

oh that's good to know! but how do i backup folder? do i need to apply the late night crack once i installed it?

Helper Edit: Font color changed due to difficulty to read the post.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:39

You can back up by saving the "Electronic Arts" folder from your documents under another name.

Please do not use the crack that comes with the Late Night pack. Instead, apply the Ultimate Fix again after installation. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:45

Dieneryn wrote:You can back up by saving the "Electronic Arts" folder from your documents under another name.

Please do not use the crack that comes with the Late Night pack. Instead, apply the Ultimate Fix again after installation. Smile
what will it do if i backed the folder up? so i update and apply the crack from the latest ultimate fix instead? i'm sorry for asking too many questions, i just don't wanna mess up and corrupt my game again. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:45

f5yes wrote:oh that's good to know! but how do i backup folder? do i need to apply the late night crack once i installed it?
Late Night crack? You don't need any crack in any torrents. You only need the crack from the Ultimate Fix. After installing any expansion packs/stuff packs, follow steps 2-4 of this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

To back up the folder, simply move it to desktop (or anywhere you want). After the alteration (i.e. update, installation of expansion packs), move it back to where it was (i.e. Documents\Electronic Arts).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 11:07

cat2006house wrote:
f5yes wrote:oh that's good to know! but how do i backup folder? do i need to apply the late night crack once i installed it?
Late Night crack? You don't need any crack in any torrents. You only need the crack from the Ultimate Fix. After installing any expansion packs/stuff packs, follow steps 2-4 of this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

To back up the folder, simply move it to desktop (or anywhere you want). After the alteration (i.e. update, installation of expansion packs), move it back to where it was (i.e. Documents\Electronic Arts).
okay, thanks! so it would be alright if i install the rest of the old sims 3 expansion packs? alright. i'll get back to you if i have any more problems regarding installing the packs. thank you so much! Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 21:49

uh guys, now i have a problem. :S i can't play into the future. when the game starts, the loading screen doesn't start up with into the future, its movie stuff instead, but i already have it installed in my game. the rest of my game is working fine, i just couldn't play into the future. even the icon on the sims 3 launcher says "requires sims 3 into the future". when i checked at programme files 86x, the sims 3 into the future folder is already there. that means i already installed it, but its not showing up in my game. what should i do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top