Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As noob as it gets...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

As noob as it gets... Empty As noob as it gets...

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 00:19

First of all, Hello, world!  :newfag:  and I totally love and appreciate this site sooo much. Been on it the last few days, and I think without this forum, I would not be playing Sims3 at all. 

I'm brand spanking new to the Sims community and I have a very specific question.

1. What's the difference between a store update, package file, and store fix?

I'm really trying to wrap my head around all this. So, basically, I'm wondering 
a. how do I get new store items?
b. is there a way to get the items that cost SimPoints for free? ie. new towns

Now see, I know where to get all of them, and I know how to follow the directions of installing them and what-not. I just don't know what they are. Thanks for any help that comes!

Sorry for my blatantly general noobery.

Back to top Go down

As noob as it gets... Empty Re: As noob as it gets...

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 01:53

The new store items can be found on our download site.
We provide almost all of the store items for FREE :PThe towns are also available on this site. Please note this site is still "under construction" but admin is doing his best as always. Once you have the items you want installed, you need to apply the store fix you can find this on the website as well. This will make sure the premium content functions properly.  A package file is what the sims 3 item will display as usually after installation. I hope this answers your question. If not let me know and I would be more then happy to assist you. The link is provided below. Happy Simming!!
www.games4theworlddownloads.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 05:07

that is an excellent explanation! Thanks for replying. 
So if I understand this correctly, after I apply store updates (i.e. items, etc.) I apply the fix (again), right? 

Then, I'm not sure what you mean by 'A package file is what the sims 3 item will display as usually after installation'. Is that some kind of user modification?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 06:48

when you install a store item the installed item will read as a .package file in the installation folder. There is no need to touch these files. After u install the store items you want, apply the store update(fix). There is an installation guide in the download itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 10:51

Thanks!  Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Feb 2014, 08:52

LoriliHime wrote:The new store items can be found on our download site.
We provide almost all of the store items for FREE Razz  The towns are also available on this site. Please note this site is still "under construction" but admin is doing his best as always. Once you have the items you want installed, you need to apply the store fix you can find this on the website as well. This will make sure the premium content functions properly.  A package file is what the sims 3 item will display as usually after installation. I hope this answers your question. If not let me know and I would be more then happy to assist you. The link is provided below. Happy Simming!!
www.games4theworlddownloads.org

A slight correction: a .package file is not "what the sims 3 item will usually display after installation". Wink  That is a completely different file format, and it has nothing to do with ".sims3pack" files (read up on the guide on how to install .package files).

The most important difference between the two file formats is this though: when something goes wrong with a .package file, just remove it from My Documents/Elctronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages.

If a .sims3pack causes trouble, it's a bit more tricky though, as you might have to remove all installed .sims3packs and re-install them afterwards.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top