Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My game is frozen, kind of, in buy mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My game is frozen, kind of, in buy mode Empty My game is frozen, kind of, in buy mode

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul 2014, 21:43

I have the RG catalyst/mechanics (I forget which, they might be the same even) download of all the Sims 3 expansions. I was editing my house in buy mode then I clicked build mode and immediately clicked the eye dropper tool. Right now the cursor is loading and I can click stuff but it doesn't work. It lights up like I clicked it but thats it. Also it has no money listed on the bottom right area and the area where windows would appear to buy has disappeared except for the collections icon and the one above it. I've been editing for hours now and forgot to save... Any fix so I don't lose my progress?

I just now clicked on the stairs randomly to see if it was working and it has options pop up that say "clone" "hide stairs" "thumbnail camera... " and "add the ability to add triggers and activated behaviors"
I am just entirely clueless right now.

//EDIT

Can you delete this thread? I fixed it by clicking build mode and then on my keyboard clicking f1 and it went back to normal

Back to top Go down

My game is frozen, kind of, in buy mode Empty Re: My game is frozen, kind of, in buy mode

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 15 Jul 2014, 19:08

Hello,

For future reference, always make sure to (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Next make sure that you download all available Windows updates too...

Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3.

Good luck !

My game is frozen, kind of, in buy mode Lpn47spyze8t
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top