Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims3pack files from Exchange don't work despite decrapifying and using CC magic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3pack files from Exchange don't work despite decrapifying and using CC magic Empty Sims3pack files from Exchange don't work despite decrapifying and using CC magic

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 09:10

I use Sims 3 base game + Showtime from this GREAT website. I installed them according to this guide https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly#

I tried installing files from Sims 3 Exchange but I failed.

I did everything according to this guide https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution#152382

I tried decrapifying them. - the error was still the same

I tried the CC magic solution. - CC magic has some problems detecting the files I think, look at the screenshot, the files that work appear normally but files from the Exchange lack thumbnails and it says "file missing" even though you can see file names for example "Lanina Rojo.Sims3Pack":

Sims3pack files from Exchange don't work despite decrapifying and using CC magic Ccmagic

When I click "rebuild" it deletes all files from my Downloads folder and they still don't show up in game. - ???

After this I tried converting all sims3pack files to .package format but it made the game load CONSIDERABLY longer. I've been waiting for the past hour for the game to load and it's still loading.
- EDIT: files loaded after like an hour of waiting, some of the Sim characters that I installed work, some of them use the wrong hair and items etc. the problem is that the game is now EXTREMELY SLOW... so I tried this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3840-combining-cc-in-package-format-updated-28-june-13# but when I try to "Import packages as DBC" I get multiple errors like this:
Code:
"Could not open package 0x0e1a7aa6284a29206734fad5ed106d49.package.
Expected magic tag 'DBPF'.  Found 'Òۋ'."

Any ideas how to install files from the Exchange? Smile there must be some better way...

Back to top Go down

Sims3pack files from Exchange don't work despite decrapifying and using CC magic Empty Re: Sims3pack files from Exchange don't work despite decrapifying and using CC magic

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 May 2016, 20:53

Hello,

It would appear that these particular Exchange items aren't working properly, did you use this method to download them?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims3pack files from Exchange don't work despite decrapifying and using CC magic Empty Re: Sims3pack files from Exchange don't work despite decrapifying and using CC magic

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 May 2016, 00:24

Welcome to the forum first of all !

Some Exchange items are indeed not working, meaning you will need to skip them and look for other items that suit your interests.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 20:16

Edin ElDi wrote:Hello,

It would appear that these particular Exchange items aren't working properly, did you use this method to download them?

Yes, I used this method.

Carlos wrote:Welcome to the forum first of all !

Some Exchange items are indeed not working, meaning you will need to skip them and look for other items that suit your interests.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Is there no way to make them work? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I wanted to "thank you" for your replies but I didn't know it would mark the thread as "solved" Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 May 2016, 23:15

Angryroyal2 wrote:

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I wanted to "thank you" for your replies but I didn't know it would mark the thread as "solved" Sad

No problem at all; you can either edit the topic title of your first post here (!) yourself, adding "solved", or we can do that too later on. As for the .sims3packs, I believe there is a technicality between legit and pirated Sims 3 games. Meaning that certain .sims3packs only work in legit games. Maybe Edin knows more about this.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 15:44

Carlos wrote:
Angryroyal2 wrote:

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

No problem at all; you can either edit the topic title of your first post here (!) yourself, adding "solved", or we can do that too later on. As for the .sims3packs, I believe there is a technicality between legit and pirated Sims 3 games. Meaning that certain .sims3packs only work in legit games. Maybe Edin knows more about this.

Well, I don't consider this solved since the sims3packs still don't work for me Very Happy so I guess I will have to buy the game? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 May 2016, 12:43

Angryroyal2 wrote:Well, I don't consider this solved since the sims3packs still don't work for me Very Happy so I guess I will have to buy the game? Sad

That was merely a theory from me. I'm not 100% sure those Exchange-items will work in legit games. My suggestion before was based on an analogy that legit store items of Sims 3 can only be installed on legit Sims 3 games. Accordingly, in order to use store items in pirated Sims 3 games, you would need to decrapify them. But whether that can be applied on Exchange items as well is out of my knowledge I'm afraid.

The more decisive question now is this: even IF you knew the Exchange items worked for sure in a legit Sims 3 game, is it actually worth spending money on that...? It wouldn't be worth for me. And the next thing is, I'm not even sure if it's enough to just buy the base game, or if you literally have to buy the stuffpacks and expansion packs too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 21:56

Edin ElDi wrote:Hello,

Can you link me items from Exchange that work? I tried several and none of them work Sad

//EDIT

Carlos wrote:
Angryroyal2 wrote:Well, I don't consider this solved since the sims3packs still don't work for me Very Happy so I guess I will have to buy the game? Sad

That was merely a theory from me. I'm not 100% sure those Exchange-items will work in legit games. My suggestion before was based on an analogy that legit store items of Sims 3 can only be installed on legit Sims 3 games. Accordingly, in order to use store items in pirated Sims 3 games, you would need to decrapify them. But whether that can be applied on Exchange items as well is out of my knowledge I'm afraid.

The more decisive question now is this: even IF you knew the Exchange items worked for sure in a legit Sims 3 game, is it actually worth spending money on that...? It wouldn't be worth for me. And the next thing is, I'm not even sure if it's enough to just buy the base game, or if you literally have to buy the stuffpacks and expansion packs too.

Hey, have you seen this thread? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21125-sims-3-store-content-for-junejulyaugust-2014-not-working-solved#

Author claims that he fixed the issue by downgrading to 1.62 version. Can I download 1.62 version anywhere? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 May 2016, 22:23

Please note that we do not have a crack for the 1.62 version of The Sims 3. And I'm not sure about the topic you linked to...that may have been just a typo of the topic creator, but then feel free to try it if you like. But as said, we don't have a crack for that. Feel free to give the temporary fix a try though.

But first you would need to uninstall your current Sims 3 base game, then re-boot the computer. After that, re-install the base game, and from then on I'm unsure. It seems there is no 1.62 superpatch out there, but you can apply a 1.63 manual available from here, and then apply an incremental 1.62 patch from this site:
http://www.plumbobnews.com/2013/11/the-sims-3-incremental-patch-163-from.html

Try using the one from Region 2 there, but you may have to try the others if you end up with an error of sorts. 

After that, apply the temporary fix that I linked to. But again, do this at your own risk. I can't guarantee it will work. Also, with the vast amount of Exchange items out there, it's impossible to tell which ones work, beforehand. You'll need to do that work on your own I'm afraid.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top