Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.31 update BUG !!! Unicorns become horses

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1.31 update BUG !!! Unicorns become horses - Page 2 Empty 1.31 update BUG !!! Unicorns become horses

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 17:40

First topic message reminder :

Hi

My version update from latest PETS then 1.31. (I didn't install Master Suite Stuff )

I use NOCD mod, then I got in the game and found that all CATS were gone!!! and Unicorns became horses.

I couldn't control cats or even saw their contents. My unicorn lost his horn and became a normal horse which i can't make him graze.

Later, I installed Showtime thinking that all bugs will gone but they still appear and I can't install CowPlant as well.

I really am in abysmal right now wondering if there is any way I could do to fix my problem.

Thank you in advance guys.

Back to top Go down

1.31 update BUG !!! Unicorns become horses - Page 2 Empty Re: 1.31 update BUG !!! Unicorns become horses

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 12 Mar 2012, 16:03

Hello,

You may want to try cc magic.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

1.31 update BUG !!! Unicorns become horses - Page 2 Empty Re: 1.31 update BUG !!! Unicorns become horses

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 17:51

Lady, cc magic didn't work. I tried it for the last hour.

I'm going to be crazy soon.

I want that Hypnotizer so goddamn much. I just can't install it.

Argggghhhh

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Mon 12 Mar 2012, 23:58

Code153 wrote:Lady, cc magic didn't work. I tried it for the last hour.

I'm going to be crazy soon.

I want that Hypnotizer so goddamn much. I just can't install it.

Argggghhhh

Follow this Tutorial
http://sims3.the-prof.net/2012/03/a-nice-cc-magic-tutorial/

I hope it solves your problem; do post back and let us know if we can assist you further.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 02:52

Hi, Grier

I tried CC magic again from you link, however, it didn't work.

I cannot install Hypnotizer or any new items in the store.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 02:57

Code153 when you try and install it are you using the launcher? If you are using the launcher does it say that it succesfully install?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 03:40

*\_SugaRBomB_/* wrote:Code153 when you try and install it are you using the launcher? If you are using the launcher does it say that it succesfully install?

Yes, successfully installed.

However, when I close the launcher and then open it again, now it says not installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 03:53

Alright then here is what you should try (it solved my exact same issue)

Try to delete all the files in the DCache folder (I know you've done this already but its necessary for this to work)

Then delete ALL the files in the DCBackup folder (This will COMPLETELY remove all installed .sims3pack)

Lastly delete the five cache files
CASPartCache
compositorCache
scriptCache
simCompositorCache
socialCache
(ONLY IF YOU HAVE THIS ONE)

Next REINSTALL all content

I know you have done all this already. Next download Delphys Multi Extractor found HERE

Extract whatever sims3pack doesnt stay installed...... Extract them to a different spot (I suggest the Desktop)

Finally when you've got the extracted files put them into the DCBackup folder select yes if your prompted to overwrite.

Then look for the items in the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 04:39

Sugar,

I did exactly what you kindly told me, unfortunately, it still didn't work.
In fact, All CC items in the game are gone, so I have to restore all file from recycle bin to the folder right before.

Here is what I found, I double clicked Sim3Pack installed in the launcher then succeeded, of course, and then I clicked installed content in the launcher, click uninstall the content which I just installed the last second. It said "Error : package could not be found".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 05:01

Ok another topic

I don't get it. When a sim3pack collides into packages via the launcher, where are those packages installed, can you give me the directory?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 05:03

What does the file look like? Can you send me a pic?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 05:33

What file would you like to see?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 05:34

The package file your talking about

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 05:42

It's just a normal Sims3pack file on the free storage mediafile on this website, nothing special. If it's about package file, I extracted with Delphy and put it all to Dcache.

//EDIT

All sim3pack are shown in CC magic, but after clear cache and rebuild I cannot find that in the game and in the launcher.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:28

Hello,

It is normal that they don't show up in your launcher after cc magic, since that program has taken them from the launcher.
Are you 100% sure they aren't showing up? If you're using filters to look for it, note that they might no longer show up under the "store content" filter after extraction, but rather as custom items.
You may also try to put the packages you extracted with Delphy's multipack installer into the mods\packages folder.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 13:04

Thanks Lady,

I'm ultimately certain that some custom items are not shown in the game.

Mods/package folder works fine, I'm aware of that.

The only problem of Mod is just when they running script like Cowplant, it shows in before-choosed save games. And running script shouldn't be in Mod at all because it will conflict updated stuffs in the future.

To fix this, I want to know sim3launcher extraction. Where is it extract all those contents to? Is it Dccache? perhaps not Library I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Mar 2012, 13:06

Hello,

I believe they're extracted to DcCache.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 13:53

Yeah, I thought so.

This is some kind of freak problem. I extracted those sims3pack into packages then moved those packages to Dccache.

Those item still are not shown in the game.

The main point of this is those program you guys suggested trying to put packages into the very right folder. Now I think it some kind of head reader file that cannot read those packages.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Mar 2012, 13:55

Hello,

And if you put them in mods\packages?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 14:54

Lady,

It works.

One problem is I got warning script running every time I play the game.
In fact, all script running package, CowPlant, Hypnotizer etc., shouldn't be here at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 13 Mar 2012, 18:22

Hello,

You get the script error when loading the launcher, right?
That problem is related to the internet page that opens on your launcher, not the actual contents you have installed to your game.

Hope that clears up!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 01:54

Admin wrote:Hello,

You get the script error when loading the launcher, right?
That problem is related to the internet page that opens on your launcher, not the actual contents you have installed to your game.

Hope that clears up!

Admin,

No, I got an error script found if I put a hypnotizer into mod package when I got in the game.

I'd like to know why even I put packages in Dccache they still don't show up in the game.

//Edit

My game patch is 1.31. I am not sure if updating patch to 1.32 would help?

In other words, can anyone install Hynoptizer with 1.31?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 03:53

You dont put .packages in the dccache folder they go into the document/electronic arts/the sims 3/ mods/packages folder

If you dont have a mods folder use THIS guide to set it up

1.31 update BUG !!! Unicorns become horses - Page 2 Untitl15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 04:19

Hi Sugar,

I looked again. I put it in DCBackup not Dccache, my mistake.

I got an error script found if I put a hypnotizer into mod/package when I got in the game.

I'd like to know why even I put packages in DCBackup they still don't show up in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Wed 14 Mar 2012, 06:35

Code153 wrote:Hi Sugar,

I looked again. I put it in DCBackup not Dccache, my mistake.

I got an error script found if I put a hypnotizer into mod/package when I got in the game.

I'd like to know why even I put packages in DCBackup they still don't show up in the game.

The backup packages get proccesed differently. packages go strictly into mods folder where you have a CFG set up to read them and install them
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU3_Redo/DCCache
Follow this link and it will give you a tutorial on how to deal with the mods, dc and dc backup folders
It helped me in getting my content back into game.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 08:48

Hi Grier,

I followed everything line by line from that link, but it still doesn't work.

I'm certain by far that my problem is somehow my game can't read a very specific header of some specific package.

I'd like to ask you guys this, when a sim3pack collides by sim3launcher into packages, where are those packages?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 14 Mar 2012, 10:58

Hello,

As far as I know they go in DCbackup, but that's only when installed with the launcher.
How about the other content from that store update, does it show up?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:13

Other contents are shown installed by launcher. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top