Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows Seven

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows Seven Empty Windows Seven

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 00:32

Hello I need to have light shed on several matters and any advice will be greatly appreciated. I have never upgraded to a new OS and now I plan on doing it I have many questions! Overall how does upgrading to a new OS work? I understand the basics, like I need to back up any information I want to keep but beyond that I am ignorant. A detailed explanation of the process or a direction to be given would make me very grateful. Currently I have Vista installed and I plan on installing Windows 7 since it is available here. What improvements could I see over the older Vista? How does the download work? Do I need a CD/USB like it suggested or could I download it to my computer and go from there? I have Sims 3 installed on my computer, what is the best way to transfer it to the new OS, or would it be best to re download it?

I want to thank anyone who takes their time to answer and Games4theworld for providing such excellent downloads Smile! If I was a creepy serial killer type person I......ergh nevermind *cough*.

Back to top Go down

Windows Seven Empty Re: Windows Seven

Post by Admin Thu 07 Feb 2013, 22:34

Hello,

You need a CD/DVD drive to load the burned DVD into. The problem with our Windows 7 All Editions download is that somehow the "boot" files got lost. Those files are needed to boot via the DVD and do a clean Windows 7 installation.

Because you can not boot from the DVD, the only other option is "upgrading", by running the installation from a running Windows environment. Instructions are included, as usual.

NEVER transfer installed files, but create a copy of the original files and then (always) reinstall on your new system. In case of an "upgrade", your games and programs should remain untouched. (Under ideal conditions, that is)

As for the Vista vs Windows 7, it's easy: Windows 7 is a lot more efficient and faster. Besides that the compatibility with software and hardware is great!

Thank you for your trust in Games4theworld, you're always welcome here!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 03:36

Thank you so much for your hasty and detailed response!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 08 Feb 2013, 21:08

Hello,

You're welcome!
Is there anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Mar 2014, 02:56

This would explain why it never would boot up........because the boot files were not there.  I ended up installing windows 7 ultimate then reinstalling windows 7.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top