Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freezing / Crashing. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freezing / Crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Freezing / Crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 08:18

Hello! I just finished installing all of the games through your site. The game opens just fine and runs fairly quickly but, after maybe 20 to 25 minutes into the game - when I'm in the middle of creating my sim - the game freezes and I end up having to go through the whole control, alt, delete routine, exit out of the game, and start all over. It doesn't crash on a specific area in custom content or anything, but could that be what's making it freeze? Or is it something else entirely?

Back to top Go down

Freezing / Crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Freezing / Crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:14

Is your graphic card up to date? What model is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 04 Jun 2013, 17:14

Try renaming "Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3" and testing the game. If it works, then it's probably custom content or mods.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 18:15

Shamrock: It's Intel, is that what you mean by model?

invalidusername: What do you mean rename it? If I rename it, won't the game not be able to find the files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 19:05

Exactly, that's why you should try it.
I was talking about a more detailed version of the model, if you can of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Jun 2013, 21:40

maddiemoiselle wrote:Shamrock: It's Intel, is that what you mean by model?

invalidusername: What do you mean rename it? If I rename it, won't the game not be able to find the files?

What invalidusername meant was to go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder with the name "The Sims 3", for example like this: "The Sims 3_".

When you start up the game then you will realise that 1) you have to start a new savegame for now (don't worry, the old savegame is still in the renamed folder) and 2) that all your mods and CC are gone.

If you rename that folder and you see that the game works, then your problem was possibly an incompatible mod/CC or even a corrupt savegame. What you then basically should do is to put your "old things" back in one-by-one, to see what causes trouble.

//EDIT

By the way, have you already looked at this here ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

If you go to #3 (Assigning more RAM memory) and you download the "4 GB" patch, then you need to patch the TS3W.exe in Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2013, 02:03

It was my graphics card! I updated it and now the game is working perfectly! Thank you all so much for your help!

Helper edit: I'm glad to hear that. OK, happy simming! I will close this now.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top