Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This product requires an installed version of Sims 3.... [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This product requires an installed version of Sims 3.... [CLOSED] Empty This product requires an installed version of Sims 3.... [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 05:08

I have the sims 3 and pets expansion pack downloaded through origin. I download the seasons expansion on here, and am trying to install it. I am using crossover to install it, but when I run it at first it was saying I have a corrupt version of Sims 3. I just tried to run it again and this product requires an installed version of Sims 3. I don't know how to do any of this on a mac, and it's so frustrating.

Back to top Go down

This product requires an installed version of Sims 3.... [CLOSED] Empty Re: This product requires an installed version of Sims 3.... [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 06:30

I'm having the same problem with late night, does it ask for a localized version of sims 3 or something like that?

Back to top Go down

This product requires an installed version of Sims 3.... [CLOSED] Empty Re: This product requires an installed version of Sims 3.... [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 17:20

I'm having the same issue on PC and my sims 3 game is from steam. Is yours? I wonder if that has something to do with it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 20:17

Try putting The Sims 3 app in the Desktop and installing the expansion there to see if you can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 17:30

I'm sorry I cant help you guys since your clearly having trouble where to post first if your using a VMware I suggest go to the windows section... not here, if guys want to play sims on the OSX then I suggest to follow the sticky https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2755-easy-method-of-installing-sims-3-base-gameexpansions-mac-guide

You will need stuffit Expander to extract the .zip file of the expansion packs...
the manual updates the 1.2 GB single patch and the expansions updates

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 22:50

nilahxo wrote:I have the sims 3 and pets expansion pack downloaded through origin. I download the seasons expansion on here, and am trying to install it. I am using crossover to install it, but when I run it at first it was saying I have a corrupt version of Sims 3. I just tried to run it again and this product requires an installed version of Sims 3. I don't know how to do any of this on a mac, and it's so frustrating.

Hello!

Why are you using Crossover to install it? You don't need that.
You have to create a DMG with Disk Utility and put into that all the items you get after you unzip the RAR with Stuffit Expander. Do this with every expansion and let me know how it goes.

To the other people in this post: Create a new thread so everyone can read you and help you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 00:04

Firstly try uninstalling the sims 3 base game and installing it again if it dosent work tell me and i will think of a solution.

The Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 May 2014, 08:07

Algester wrote:I'm sorry I cant help you guys since your clearly having trouble where to post first if your using a VMware I suggest go to the windows section... not here, if guys want to play sims on the OSX then I suggest to follow the sticky https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2755-easy-method-of-installing-sims-3-base-gameexpansions-mac-guide

You will need stuffit Expander to extract the .zip file of the expansion packs...
the manual updates the 1.2 GB single patch and the expansions updates
It says "only admins get to read this"

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 29 May 2014, 10:42

JMEgaming wrote:It says "only admins get to read this"

Hello,
Please open a new topic if you have a problem for us to help you. 

Topic is closed.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top