Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3... HELP :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3... HELP :( Empty This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3... HELP :(

Post by Guest Sat 04 Aug 2012, 14:26

after i click the "Sims3SPO7Setup" there's a message that will pop it says that "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install the Sims 3 before installing this product." ... help please Sad

//EDIT

This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3... HELP :( The_si11 This is the image

Back to top Go down

This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3... HELP :( Empty Re: This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3... HELP :(

Post by invalidusername Sat 04 Aug 2012, 15:09

Did you install the base game? If so, where did you install it?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3... HELP :( Empty Re: This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3... HELP :(

Post by Guest Sat 04 Aug 2012, 16:00

base game?... where is that?... sorry I'm Newby

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Aug 2012, 16:58

Hello,

In order for the expansions to work, you need the The Sims 3 base game.
You can download it from www.games4theworld.org ; it's called "The Sims 3".
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 05:37

I am having the same message come up.. I Base game and all expansions besides pets installed from you guys. Why is it telling me I need the base game?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 08 Sep 2012, 07:09

Jhoushel wrote:I am having the same message come up.. I Base game and all expansions besides pets installed from you guys. Why is it telling me I need the base game?

Please create your own topic. It makes it easier to solve the problem, and to keep everything straight. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 May 2014, 23:06

The one thing I found out is that when I installed it via Origin, it didn't show up in the Program and Features - Add or Remove Programs, which could be the reason why Windows doesn't think it's installed, so when I installed the Base game from here it showed up in said program and the error message never appeared, could be something worth looking at and trying out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top