Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product." Empty "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

Post by Guest Wed 05 Apr 2017, 13:38

The topic title says it all. I have properly installed the base game with the games4theworld custom updater, successfully started the base game in a test run, and then I moved onto expansions. And they all have this error. It may just be me being stupid (it normally is) but I'm posting incase I can get support, and incase it's something bigger.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

"This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product." Empty Re: "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 05 Apr 2017, 21:26

Hello,

What can you tell us about the base game, did you download it from us, or from another source? And if it's the latter, is it a "stand-alone" base game, or a special edition or custom installer of some sort?
Did you, by any chance, install on an external drive that may now have been assigned a different drive letter?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)