Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about uninstalling some expansions and installing others. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about uninstalling some expansions and installing others. [SOLVED] Empty Question about uninstalling some expansions and installing others. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 02:43

Ok, so I really did look all over the forum, and I searched it, so I'm not trying to be a lamebutt here and post something that's been posted. (I even created a account.) first off, thank you guys so much for all you do.

My problem is more of a wonder, I have downloaded and installed The Sims 3 and expansion packs I thought I liked, I did yours and I did your directions...(Took a lonnggg time, but I finally did it!) It works great! But after playing it, I realized that as much as I love supernatural stuff, Playing it is kinda annoying...and Katy Perry's Sweet Treats stuff...well they're not for me..I never use any of it...I want to uninstall those two and install (I'll be using your rules and final cracks) the ones I don't have (Pet,Master Suite stuff and World adventures.)

Will I lose my sim family I created?
Will it work? Will the unistall of the games I don't want any more and installation of the new expansions be as easy as doing the final crack download?

Back to top Go down

Question about uninstalling some expansions and installing others. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Question about uninstalling some expansions and installing others. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 17:23

You won't lose your family.
Only if they are not in the neighborhood Supernarutal brings.
In case your family were a supernatural creatures (in other neighborhood), they were rempaced to normal sims as they were before you installed Supernatural.
Nothing happens once you unistalled Sweet Treats cuz, as you say, you don't use it!

All the Supernatural content you used, like buy mode items, hair styles, and the neighborhood SN brings, will be gone. The items and hairstyles you used/bought from this EP will be replaced with basic items, but that's all.

Now this is important:
Before unistall you must have to remove cracks and replace them with de original files.

Once you have the originals, you can start unistalling, and then installing the EPs you want (if you don't need to upgrade to the last patch 1.48 before).

The next step it to use the crack just of the NEWER EXPANSION PACK you installed!

Hope this can help u Wink

Back to top Go down

Question about uninstalling some expansions and installing others. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Question about uninstalling some expansions and installing others. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Tue 19 Feb 2013, 19:10

You can just go ahead and uninstall. As SimmerAbby did say though, any items that were used from these packs will be gone, and replaced by a base game item instead. Also, if your sims are supernaturals (other than vampires), I would make a copy of your family into your bin, just in case something does happen.

After uninstalling, go ahead and just install the rest of the games you want. If you're already up to date and had used the crack before all this, go ahead and try playing. If it works, awesome. If not, just re-do the fix. Smile

If you have any more questions or any problems, please let us know so we can help you Very Happy
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 06:08

Thanks very much guys, you can close this. Everything was a breeze, I didn't have to do another crack fix at all. It felt awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 16:16

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Enjoy the game and do not hesitate to contact us if you need more assistance! Question about uninstalling some expansions and installing others. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top