Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about installing new expansions' [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

question about installing new expansions' [SOLVED] Empty question about installing new expansions' [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 13:52

thanks to your wonderful help our sims 3 ,including some expansions ,work's great for about a year.
we want to install now new expansions': diesel stuff, supernatural and Ketty perry sweet treats.
(btw, we couldn't find the "sunlit tides" in the downloads page, is it not available yet ?) .
luckily i managed to update the game ver. to 1.38, trough the launcher, without problems.
i want to be sure that i'm doing the right steps for the new expansions without harming something in our game.

i understand that i have first to download and install those expansions'.
then download the new fix and just do this? :
"Open the "# Crack" folder in the Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder."

edit: we decided to try to install other expansions too:
world adv. , high end loft, fast lane stuff, outdoor living staff, master suite stuff, town life stuff.
doe's doing all of that at one time can make problems? and can we do it with the same steps as the above ?

Back to top Go down

question about installing new expansions' [SOLVED] Empty Re: question about installing new expansions' [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 15:01

Sunlit tides is available here in the neighborhoods section : http://www.mediafire.com/?8hvd25izaiea4#vu5ccru0jv08j
And as far as I know, you can install the expansions in any order because that's what I did. Install them and then apply the latest version of the Ultimate fix. Wait for admin or someone else to reply though.

Back to top Go down

question about installing new expansions' [SOLVED] Empty Re: question about installing new expansions' [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 15:29

thank you, i found it.
regarding the rest just to be on the safe side I'll wait to admin or someone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 14 Sep 2012, 19:16

Yeah, just install the new expansions, and apply the latest version of the ultimate fix.

I even installed the expansions simultaneous and applied the ultimate fix at the end, and didn't have a problem.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 19:50

thank you, I'm installing now all of that.
regarding "Sunlit tides" , the link mentioned above, gave me kind of an empty folder after downloading and extracting.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 20:12

rockin wrote:

i understand that i have first to download and install those expansions'.
then download the new fix and just do this? :
"Open the "# Crack" folder in the Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder."

//MOVED
Hello,

This is all there is to it indeed, regardless of which or how many you're installing.
I'm looking into the Sunlit Tides problem you mentioned. I'll have to download it first though, so I'll get back to you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 20:26

did all the above, installed all expansions and then replaced the 2 files in the new fix crack with the ones was in the game bin.
when I'm trying to open the game i get this note:
"there was an error during start up. please see the log for more details."

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 20:29

Hello,

Don't worry, we'll fix that. Start with this video.
I downloaded and opened the SunlitTidesDeluxeEdition_new.rar and it looks fine on the inside, did you use winRAR to extract?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 20:49

i watched carefully the video.
the thing is that in your example you say to remove from registry the files that was not installed and i found that all the files there are expansions i did install, so don't know if to delete them.

about sunlit tides i used winrar to extract it, maybe I didn't downloaded it right ?

Last edited by rockin on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 20:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 20:53

Hello,

No, don't delete any of the registry entries for expansions you have installed.
Try this though: Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and drag and drop the The Sims 3 folder on your desktop, effectively backing it up and removing it from the location.
Now see if you can start the game. If it works, you may have had bad caches and you can place the saves folder and, if you have any, the downloads and mods folders, in the newly generated The Sims 3 folder.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 21:01

i did all that, removed the electronic art folder with the sims3 inside, from my doc. and placed it on desktop and i still have the same note.
do you think it'll help to restart the pc ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 21:04

Hello,

Do you have a program like Ccleaner? If you don't, you should download it (it's freeware) and check the registry.
If that doesn't do it, install the manual patch, even though you're already at that patch level, and copy the crack from the fix again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 21:40

did all that, ccleaner and manual patch and it didn't help, still the same note when i'm trying to launch .
maybe one of the expansions contradict with other one ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 21:50

Hello,

No, definitely not.
I am a little confused as to why we haven't fixed this yet. When you installed the additional packs, did you do anything out of the ordinary at all?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 21:56

o.k
this is what i did:
before starting anything the game worked fine with some previous expansions.
my games are in drive d , not c.
i downloaded all expansions from your site.
installed them in d drive and everything went smooth.
then i just copied the 2 files from the latest fix crack folder and replaced them with the existing two.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 22:01

Hello,

Well that is nothing unusual.
What does your game launcher look like, what's the launcher version and, if you hover over the icons for the expansions, do any of them show game version 0.0.0.0?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 22:06

when i'm trying to open, the version showed in the launcher itself is 0.0.0.0
the icons doesn't respond at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 22:15

Hello,

Ok, now we're getting somewhere Smile
If you don't have the fix yet, please download it now. Apply the entire fix carefully according to it's installation guide. You may skip step 11 and do the manual patch again. Just ignore the message and let it proceed to install.
After that, follow the rest of the fix's guide.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 22:26

so it means i have to copy and relapse the 2 files to the game bin for each expansion?
because when i did it a time ago it was only to the basic game bin.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 22:35

Hello,

Yes, it's been known to work in this case. Note that all those files aren't cracks though, only the one from step 13, after patching, is a crack.
In case you're unsure about any of the steps, there's a video here. It was made when only Generations was out, but the same process still applies.

I hate to inform you that I have to go offline right now since I really need some sleep, its just after 10:30pm at my end and my toddler wakes at 6:30.
I would've expected Admin here, but Dracos66, another mod, could also sign on any moment and he certainly has the expertise to help you further.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 23:08

i did exactly what is says in the fix and by the same order, unfortunately i still have the same problem.
"there was an error during start up. please see the log for more details."
every time I'm trying open the game.

lady eldi , thank you in meanwhile and sleep well. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 15 Sep 2012, 00:34

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
I'll try to solve the problem for you via TeamViewer.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Sep 2012, 09:43

hello admin.
couldn't catch you on the forum.
is there other way you can guide me to solve my problem?
or a way to know when can i contact you somehow .
thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 16 Sep 2012, 13:02

Hello,

I'm online on the Forum daily, but don't have time to actually help via TeamViewer every time I log in.
But when I do, I'll certainly join the chatbox when I see someone online there.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Sep 2012, 20:18

hello admin.
i already downloaded the base game and although technically i know how to reinstall it, i prefer you will do it for us since it is involved with many expansions, and because it is important for us to save all that is There in the game so we can use it again , otherwise my doughtier will kill me:shock: , she spent lot of time to build all that. and I'm not sure if i can do it properly.
I'll try to catch you on the forum.

//EDIT

hello admin.
I'm know you are very busy , no complaining, on the contrary, grateful for all your help.
what do you think about the idea that I'll try to reinstall the game
by myself, I'm only asking for someone to guide me how to save for 100 %
all that was in the game, so we can use it again.
thank you.

here is my plan:
1.copy electronic art folder from my doc. to desktop . for saves backup.
2.uninstall the base game, while living all expansions installed.
3.reinstall the new downloaded base game.
do again every thing by the latest fix steps.( with already installed
expansions) including apply the manual patch for 1.38 ver. if necessary.
5.put back electronic art folder, or only saves ??? to my doc.

of course if you'll have the time for it i prefer it will done by you. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top