Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick question regarding installing expansions on top of ones I have previously bought. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quick question regarding installing expansions on top of ones I have previously bought. [SOLVED] Empty Quick question regarding installing expansions on top of ones I have previously bought. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 21:31

Hi all, I've had a little look round to see if there's an answer to this question but I can't seem to find anything.

I'm installing my old Sims 3 onto my new laptop and I already have the first three expansion packs. I bought these from a store. I'm currently downloading Games4theworld torrents of all the expansions I am missing.

Just wondering before I install everything and mess it all up! (I have never downloaded games before); will the downloaded expansions work on top of my legitimate expansions? ..thank you!

Back to top Go down

Quick question regarding installing expansions on top of ones I have previously bought. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Quick question regarding installing expansions on top of ones I have previously bought. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 01:01

They sure will, just be sure to follow the instructions given in each torrent, post your results here and if you have a problem ask there will always be people who can help.

Back to top Go down

Quick question regarding installing expansions on top of ones I have previously bought. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Quick question regarding installing expansions on top of ones I have previously bought. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 07:13

so i have a legal copy of the sims 3 and when i try to copy the crack for an expansion pack (supernatural) it says: "there is not enough space on sims3. You need an addtional 17.8MB to copy these files. Sims3 Sapce free: 0 bytes total size 5.53mb." then it gives me the option to try again or cancel. Can somebody help me? W Facepalm HAAT AMM I DOOOING WRONG? Help :newfag:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 08:19

mizzcookee, is there place on your computer? If you don't have the expansion pack installed it's useless to use the crack on your sims 3 base game, (except if you want to play without the CD).

Note: You need to download the expansion pack you want to play it, If you have the crack of supernatural, it doesn't mean that you have the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:12

alazarieva wrote:They sure will, just be sure to follow the instructions given in each torrent, post your results here and if you have a problem ask there will always be people who can help.
Will do! Just waiting patiently for them to finish downloading. Smile

Oh! Will mods such as Awesome mod work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 16:22

xj3rian: I have the base game for sims 3 i downloaded supernatural from this website and now when i follow all the instructions from the installation guide so that i can play supernatural i get that error. and my computer has plenty of space. so idk what im doing wrong i followed all the instructions clearly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 04:40

Ok so Generations and Pets has just finished installing, still waiting on Showtime and Seasons. Generations installed fine but Pets said something about inserting the disk. So I cancelled that installation for now. I wanted to test Generations so I moved the contents of #crack to the right location and replaced the existing files, but when I try to load the game it says "The Sims 3 has stopped working." I knew I'd mess up somehow. Quick question regarding installing expansions on top of ones I have previously bought. [SOLVED] 2830496658

//EDIT

Found the Pets patch, installed the Ultimate fix once everything had downloaded and everything is working perfectly! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 14:52

mizzcookee wrote:xj3rian: I have the base game for sims 3 i downloaded supernatural from this website and now when i follow all the instructions from the installation guide so that i can play supernatural i get that error. and my computer has plenty of space. so idk what im doing wrong i followed all the instructions clearly.

Make sure you try to install the game on Program Files / Program Files(x86), best to use the default directory.

Make sure you try to copy the crack to the game directory and not a mounted ISO or a burned CD >.>

"there is not enough space on sims3. You need an addtional 17.8MB to copy these files".
Yes it means you try to copy it on a burned directory or a mounted directory.

If you use Windows XP/Vista go to Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/
If you use Windows 7 go to Program Files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/

Then apply the crack in the directory (The Sims 3/Game/Bin/)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 22 Jan 2013, 19:02

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Glad to hear it's all working fine now.
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance! Quick question regarding installing expansions on top of ones I have previously bought. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top