Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difficulty Playing the Game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Difficulty Playing the Game. [SOLVED] Empty Difficulty Playing the Game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 10:22

I have tried several times now to install the Sims 3 along with its various expansions. And every time it has ended the same way. To be clear I followed your guide to getting it working to the letter.

I began by installing the base game, then I installed: ambitions, high-end loft stuff, pets, master suite stuff. I wanted to install supernatural, and 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff as well but I needed to update my version to do that, so I used the manual patch you made available to update to 1.48 and then installed supernatural and 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff. Then I downloaded your latest ultimate fix and took the crack out and placed it in to the correct sims 3/game/bin folder replacing the current files.

But now whenever I try to open the game I get:

Unable to start game
Service initialization failed (0.0175dcbb)

If I try to open to the launcher I get:

There was an error during start up. Please see Log for more details.

I am not really sure what else to do. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I have always gotten the same result. If anyone could give me some advice I'd really appreciate it.

I am on WindowsXP 32-bit, by the way. Also I have tried to change the Sims 3 folder in my documents to the Sims.bak, and even deleting it. Neither worked.

//EDIT

I should also note that I tried doing the instructions given by "Unable
to Start game. See log for more details" Fix given by Admin with no
luck.

//EDIT

I solved my problem on my own. In case anyone else was having the same
trouble what I did was uninstall all my Sims games with Revouninstaller
and went through and deleted every instance of the Sims in my registry.
Maybe not wise, but it worked!

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button on your post instead. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Difficulty Playing the Game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Difficulty Playing the Game. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 16:23

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Glad to hear you solved the problem yourself.
You can now reinstall everything again.

Enjoy the game and please let us know if you run into more problems! Difficulty Playing the Game. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male