Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Try playing the game without CC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Try playing the game without CC Empty Try playing the game without CC

Post by Guest Sun 06 Oct 2013, 15:51

Hi!
Im new here and Im so happy I found you guys yesterday : )
Im trying to figure out why my game is SOOOOO slow when I play, even if my computer SHOULD be able to play it with high graphics and such.
So Im thinking the problem lies withing the custom content... So now Im wondering wether I can just try to remove all my CC from the mods/packages  folder and put them somewhere else and try to play the game and then simply just put them back there once i've tried playing without them? Maybe a confusing question but I hope someone can answer it : )

Maybe to clear something out: im trying to make my game stop lagging and running slow..

//EDIT

A little update: i've been trying to do everything that people suggest to make the game faster and lag-free. I have ran the the sims 3 dashboard tool and tried removing the cache-files that people say are safe to remove and also deleted the files in dccacheBackup folder except the ccmerge file... Now  i happily tried to play the game and noticed it loads faster BUT (!!!) it seems like i have litterally destroyed the game because some graphics are gone. For example in the loading screen, the backgorund behind the "The sims 3 island paradise" logo is gone, and the loading text gets all smudged out. I get to the screen where i should pick the family, some text are lacking, and then, the game crashes.

Can someone help me?

Moderator edit: if you go to your post, you will see a button labeled "edit". Click on it - and it will allow you to modify your post or add things to it. This makes it easier for us to do our "job" here. Wink  Please, do not bump - this is not welcome here. We are online as often as we can.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top