Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Install Problems, Need Help ASAP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Install Problems, Need Help ASAP Empty Install Problems, Need Help ASAP

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 22:17

Using Windows 7
Ok, i downloaded The Sims3, followed all the steps exactly, even watched the youtube Video on how to install. All goes well up untill the point where The actual installation starts. 

First Problem: the Autorun; upon running the Autorun a message pops up with the following 'F:/Autorun.exe is not a valid Win 32 application'. I googled this stuff extensively and got dodgy answers, so i want to be sure b4 trying anything.

Second Problem: Manual Setup; The setups actually starts with asking for Language preference and 'EXACTLY' afterwards it begins the installshield wizard but about 60% installing, a popup error shows up stating "An error (-5006 : 0x8000ffff) has occurred while running this setup' when i acess the details, it shows the following:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (630)
PAPP: 
PVENDOR:Electronic Arts 
PGUID:C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8
$15.0.0.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (7600) 
IE Version: 9.11.9600.16518

If this has already been solved then link me to the forum please, otherwise i would really be grateful if u could give me some help.

Back to top Go down

Install Problems, Need Help ASAP Empty Re: Install Problems, Need Help ASAP

Post by Guest Sat 08 Mar 2014, 13:51

Hello,
You need to mount the base game. Did you do so?
Please use WinRAR to extract the files, otherwise you will get this error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2014, 15:01

i can't install the sims 3 by using DVD. it keep on pop out sayin that "CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (×86)\Electronic Arts \The Sims 3 \Game Data\Shared\Packages\FullBuild0.package doesn't match the files in the setup's. cab file. " ????? What should i do????? anyone please tell me???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top