Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Build/Buy mode is invisible which leads to an unresponsive gameplay. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Build/Buy mode is invisible which leads to an unresponsive gameplay. [SOLVED] Empty Build/Buy mode is invisible which leads to an unresponsive gameplay. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2013, 02:49

Oh wise ones!
Greetings,
I've installed a fresh copy of the Base game, World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Townlife stuff, and Seasons. The game has been patched to the current 1.5 update and cracked with the latest Ultimate Fix for mac. The game starts up fine but as the topic says I'm stuck once I enter build/buy mode. The cursor is constantly busy after entering that mode.
I've checked out all related threads and tried the solutions provided in them, but in vain. The problem still persists.

• I've re-patched and re-cracked the game
  • I've backed up sims 3 in the documents and deleted it to start the game again afresh
  • I re-cracked it again, just in case
But none of the above steps worked. Since it's a fresh install, it is devoid of any cc. Please see what you can do to help this starved simmer.
Thanks for your time.
BassClef

//EDIT

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing which may be important and related to the issue at hand.
I
get an error when I load the game. The screen goes black which is
normal when it's loading but then I see the desktop again with a
scrambled window and the following error message.

"It looks like
you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match
your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either
uninstall these game modifications or get updated version of them -
otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.
Do you want to quit?"

Well, I don't quit and the game starts with out any issues except for when I enter build or buy mode.
Now
the only "unofficial" game modification I have installed is the
Ultimate fix, rest everything is EA's. I have faith in this particular
modification so I'm assuming the problem is something else.

Back to top Go down

Build/Buy mode is invisible which leads to an unresponsive gameplay. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Build/Buy mode is invisible which leads to an unresponsive gameplay. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 22:47

do all of your expansions have the same regional code? I had weird issues when one of my expansions didn't match.

Back to top Go down

Build/Buy mode is invisible which leads to an unresponsive gameplay. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Build/Buy mode is invisible which leads to an unresponsive gameplay. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 23:12

Well all my EPs are from here, so I'm assuming them to be from the same region. However it's a good point, I shall check the regional code.

Additionally I'm trying something else incase the regional codes turn out to be from the same region. I've noticed that I used stuffit expander version 15 to unarchive the installers. I read in one of the forum posts that only version 13.0.2 works well to unarchive these installers. I've installed that particular version so I'll use that for the installers and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the reply Isubasa. Appreciate the help.
BassClef.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 23:18

I'm only glad to help a fellow newbie (:

my stuffit expander is version 15.0.4, but from time to time I use the unarchiver- I just try different ones- but mostly I use the stuffit expander

good luck fellow simmer!
<3 Isubasa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 19:17

Well, version 13.0.2 turned out to be worse than 15, it would'nt even unarchive the installables properly for me to install the game. regional codes seem in order. I'm stuck. :'(

Edit:
I'm re-downloading the ultimate fix, just in case I got an old one earlier. Crossing my fingers.

Edit:
Okay crossing the fingers worked. I don't know how but I may have downloaded an older version of ultimate fix. Build/Buy mode is invisible which leads to an unresponsive gameplay. [SOLVED] 2279017149
Re downloading and applying the latest fix did the trick.

It's like someone said in one of the posts I don't remember: "The unofficial modification error usually occurs when the version of the base game and the ultimate fix are conflicting." glad I remembered that out of all the posts I read. Cool

Dear Admin, you may label this thread as solved cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top