Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Install disk" error with both university an Paradise. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Install disk" error with both university an Paradise. [SOLVED] Empty "Install disk" error with both university an Paradise. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 02:10

Hello,
  First this is really a 3 part issues I seem to be having. ive had these games installed before an worked perfectly fine. Then sometime today they just decided to stop working. Even after applying the fix an patching the game still refuses to even open the launcher. So I uninstalled, re downloaded, an am in the process of re installing. I'm running into a lot of issues this time around.

First I don't know if the files are suppose to be a icon that looks like a piece of paper  last time I downloaded they downloaded in folder files, not a rar file.

An while trying to re launch the game launcher it tells me I need a disk for university. The same when Im in the middle of downloading paradise,  I get a insert disk warning.  When it comes to the crack files each download isn't getting a individual crack folder, instead it tells me that theres already a crack file an in the process it removes the last download i did its crack. I am putting the crack in he appropriate place I took screen shots an everything of my issues, but im no they wony upload an I cant post external links for 7 more days. If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it greatly.

thank you

Back to top Go down

"Install disk" error with both university an Paradise. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Install disk" error with both university an Paradise. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 15:32

ophiliakhaos wrote:Hello,
  First this is really a 3 part issues I seem to be having. ive had these games installed before an worked perfectly fine. Then sometime today they just decided to stop working. Even after applying the fix an patching the game still refuses to even open the launcher. So I uninstalled, re downloaded, an am in the process of re installing. I'm running into a lot of issues this time around.

First I don't know if the files are suppose to be a icon that looks like a piece of paper  last time I downloaded they downloaded in folder files, not a rar file.

An while trying to re launch the game launcher it tells me I need a disk for university. The same when Im in the middle of downloading paradise,  I get a insert disk warning.  When it comes to the crack files each download isn't getting a individual crack folder, instead it tells me that theres already a crack file an in the process it removes the last download i did its crack. I am putting the crack in he appropriate place I took screen shots an everything of my issues, but im no they wony upload an I cant post external links for 7 more days. If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it greatly.

thank you
Hello,

So do you mean you already tried the steps 2 to 4 from here ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

You should only use the two files from the #crack folder of the "Ultimate fix"; you should not use the cracks that are included in the expansions.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"Install disk" error with both university an Paradise. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Install disk" error with both university an Paradise. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 15:44

Yea I remembered that an I'm not installing the game cracks anymore. Instead I'm following what that guide said, an I'm still running into the Island Paradise needing a disk midway through install.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 15:49

ophiliakhaos wrote:Yea I remembered that an I'm not installing the game cracks anymore. Instead I'm following what that guide said, an I'm still running into the Island Paradise needing a disk midway through install.
"During installation" ? Did you download the games from "Games4TheWorld" ? http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

If you download the games from there, the downloads are in the .RAR file format. You should make an empty folder somewhere, and extract all contents of the .RAR into that folder. Double-click on "Autorun.exe".

Doing it this way, you shouldn't have to insert anything, normally.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 15:53

I downloaded it from piratebay from games4theworld, it is in its own folder now but i haven't tried autorun I will try that right now an let ya know how it goes

EDIT: Still says to install a disk Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 16:14

ophiliakhaos wrote:I downloaded it from piratebay from games4theworld, it is in its own folder now but i haven't tried autorun I will try that right now an let ya know how it goes

EDIT: Still says to install a disk Sad
What I think is that something went wrong during your (un-) install of the games. Please do a manual clean un-install, as described here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

After un-installing, you may re-boot the computer.

Let me know after you have done that, so that we can continue with properly re-installing the games.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 16:36

Ok everything is uninstalled.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 16:50

ophiliakhaos wrote:Ok everything is uninstalled.
OK, for now, please go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and look for a folder with the name "The Sims 3". Now, rename the folder into anything you like, for example: "The Sims 3_backup".

And: you have downloaded ALL your games from games4TheWorld ? Then continue like this: for every .RAR download, make a separate empty folder. So one empty folder for the base game, another new folder for Island Paradise, etc. Also, I suggest you completely deactivate your Anti-Virus software now.

1) Now install the base game

2) Apply the manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

3) Install the expansions you want

4) Re-apply the manual patch !

5) Download the "Ultimate fix": https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

You only have to take the two files from the #crack folder in that Ultimate fix. Copy the two files into the following location:

C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

And normally, that would be it. Now double-click on the TS3W.exe file in the base game location.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 16:53

Yes I have all the games downloded, but when I went into the Electronic Arts file there was no Sims 3 folder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 16:57

ophiliakhaos wrote:Yes I have all the games downloded, but when I went into the Electronic Arts file there was no Sims 3 folder
Good, that's no big deal. Go on with the other steps then.

What I didn't directly mention before: of course, when you make empty folders for the base game and each expansion, you have to extract ALL contents of the .RAR into these empty folders. Then start the installation with "Autorun.exe".

Also, at the end, when you copy the two crack files from the Ultimate fix into the base game location, it's important that you choose "replace all existing files" - that way, the old files will be overwritten - and the new files from the #crack will take their places.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 17:04

K, all my games have been extracted into their own files, I'm going to download them, follow what you told me to do, an let you know how it goes.

//EDIT

all the expansions worked fine but Island paradise, that one is still asking for a disk

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 18:06

ophiliakhaos wrote:all the expansions worked fine but Island paradise, that one is still asking for a disk
So you have actually installed all expansions and Island Paradise, but when you try to start the game, you need to "Insert a disc" ? You might want to try this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t12660-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-automatic-tool

Other than that, I need to think about that problem; since there are not that many alternative solutions now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 18:11

It's not when I start the game, its while installing island paradise its asking for a disk. During the actual download a window pops up asking me to  select a disk for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 18:16

ophiliakhaos wrote:It's not when I start the game, its while installing island paradise its asking for a disk. During the actual download a window pops up asking me to  select a disk for it.
Alright, then. Something seems to be wrong with that download. Can you delete the folder with your extracted "Island Paradise" stuff again, then repeat: make a new folder again, then extract the content from "Island Paradise.RAR" again into the new folder.

If you really downloaded it from G4TW, I'm not sure what can cause this; but I will come back to you again later - or tomorrow.

For now, you can test the game without "Island Paradise" - does the game work then ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 18:23

It wont let me delete it says there's a program in that file still open, but the game does work.

EDIT: I deleted an re-downloded the rar, from the download site instead of piratebay, it works fine now. Thank you for your help an putting up with my derpy ness!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 13:54

Hello,

Glad to hear it works now.

Enjoy the game!

Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top