Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extracting the Ultimate Fix won't work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Extracting the Ultimate Fix won't work? Empty Extracting the Ultimate Fix won't work?

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 01:32

So WinRAR is giving me an error message saying I can't extract the entire Ultimate Fix because the file name length for the University Life, Seasons, Supernatural etc. fix is over 260 characters. It's extracting all of the other files, just not that one. I don't know if I'll need the fix now or in the future because I haven't opened my game since I updated it to v1.50 and I didn't need to use the entire fix, but is there another way I can get the file, just in case I do need it?

Back to top Go down

Extracting the Ultimate Fix won't work? Empty Re: Extracting the Ultimate Fix won't work?

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 01:36

It won't let you copy and paste it either? I don't think it would hurt to rename the file, but you should wait for Admin's help.

Back to top Go down

Extracting the Ultimate Fix won't work? Empty Re: Extracting the Ultimate Fix won't work?

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 01:46

Hi.
You dont have to extract the files inorder for them to be of use.

Copy the rar file to your computer, Then open it.
Then click on the folder you want and open that one as well.
It will expose the files that you need.
Then all you have to do is select them, copy them and paste them as told in the instruction manual.

Just make sure that you are pressing the Open and not the extract option.

If this doesn't help you, feel free to write back here on this thread and someone will definitely help you. =^^=

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 06 Mar 2013, 01:54

you can also drag your Crack files into the APPROPRAITE folders ACCORDING TO THE INSTALLATION GUIDE IN THE ULTIMATE FIX
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 06 Mar 2013, 04:09

And if you do want to extract it, the system counts the entire filepath of the folder you're trying to put it in, so extract it to a folder on your desktop named "s" or something like that.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top