Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate Fix Manual Patch Game Location Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ultimate Fix Manual Patch Game Location Issue Empty Ultimate Fix Manual Patch Game Location Issue

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 23:10

This post is about using the Ultimate Fix. I first posted this to the Ultimate Fix thread but that was wrong, so here it is.

I tried updating it through the launcher but when I clicked refresh it told me the EA download Manager is not connected. So I downloaded the manual patch and did that, but when the progress bar when full, it just stopped and froze.

Also, my game is installed in a different directory than the Electronic Arts folder. Also, I am using the "Sims 3 Deluxe" folder. That's where the game is, because I have the deluxe version of the game.

So if I use the manual patch, will it install the update to the correct folder properly?

Since it froze, I updated my EA download manager to origin, now the launcher tells me there's an error before clicking anything.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fix Manual Patch Game Location Issue Empty Re: Ultimate Fix Manual Patch Game Location Issue

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:25

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fix Manual Patch Game Location Issue Empty Re: Ultimate Fix Manual Patch Game Location Issue

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 02:31

Hi yea you are a bit late. But that's okay. Yea I still have the problem. It seems that the patch doesn't work at all for the Deluxe version.

I copied all the files and folders from the "sims 3 deluxe" folder and put them in the original Electronic Arts folder, right beside the Sims Mideval and other EA games but when I try to start the game by clicking on a launcher or the .exe, it says re-install base game, like it's broken.

But if I reinstall the base game, it gets put back in the Delux Folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 19 Mar 2013, 03:07

NEVER move the essential game files that were installed. Try just placing the crack in the deluxe edition folder.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 03:20

But the problem is that the manual patch fails to install at the last minute. It says something cannot be found. Some dll, and so the patch quits.

I will try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 19 Mar 2013, 04:03

If it still doesn't work, you may have to just install separate versions of the base game and the expansion(s) included in the deluxe.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 04:52

The Deluxe version that I have is from R.G. Catalyst.

It installs the base game and has a lot of expansions by default.

If I install a different base game to the regular Sims folder, can I then just copy and paste the expansions over to the same folder from R.G. Catalyst's folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 05:00

Sorry for the double post guys, but just to make this message *pop* up...

I think I found the problem. The problem must have been because I installed origin after I applied the FIX.

Because Now I reinstalled the game in the Deluxe Folder and when I went to the launcher, it no longer gave me the error. And now I'm not using the manual patch, but it's automatically installing. Isn't that great?

I just have one question. What if I want to install more expansions after I add this fix? like University, which I don't have yet? Then what do I do?

EDIT

OH NO! The setup gave me the same error!

Ultimate Fix Manual Patch Game Location Issue D8238cc713565f207d4d20045e47a780

Then the launcher comes up and says error too Sad

And after I start the game I get this error!

Ultimate Fix Manual Patch Game Location Issue 1c073dbc604c91e582fdc480e9f7b7dc

Last edited by Hajikelist on Tue 19 Mar 2013, 05:32; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added stuff)

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 19 Mar 2013, 07:19

That's why! When you said deluxe version, I thought you meant a bought one. With that installed, you won't be able to install any more expansions or update your game. It's stuck where it was downloaded at. So I would definitely recommend uninstalling it completely, making sure everything from it is gone (you can backup saves and mods) and downloading & installing separate games. They don't necessarily have to be from us, they just have to be individually installed.

When you can install a bunch of expansions all at once like that, it means they've been modified, and because of that cannot be added to or taken way from without problems.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 04:03

Okay I see. I will go redownload the base game and try it again. Thanks for all your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top