Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University Life Installation Not Recognizing Game Update (Please Help)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

University Life Installation Not Recognizing Game Update (Please Help) Empty University Life Installation Not Recognizing Game Update (Please Help)

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:56

Hello, I've registered this afternoon because I've had this problem since yesterday.

So I've made the mistake of preordering the digital version of Sims 3 University Life Limited Edition on Origin.

I had been so excited for the expansion pack for months that I've forgotten that Origin does not work for me, like at all. Every time I tried installing it, it kept telling me to update my game. Keep in mind that Origin can't connect to my launcher, so it didn't recognize the manual patch I had already successfully updated my game with. I've tried everything I could so that it would and nothing worked. So I just gave up on Origin. I know it's highly recommended to have it, but it never installed my Sims 3 EPs or patches (except when I used it the very first time, but since then, it was practically useless). So I always had to rely on manual super patches, which always worked just fine for me. And Origin's Customer Service is notorious for being incredibly unhelpful, so I decided to download the normal version of UL that G4TW was very kind to provide us with (thank you so much for doing this for everyone, by the way!).

Unfortunately, the results were basically the same. I tried installing it and it would tell me to update the game. There was an option to try updating it (again) but it always failed to do so. So no matter what, I am just not able to install University Life.

(I would show you the screenshots but I'm a new member, so I'm not able to do this for 7 days.)

I tried reinstalling the patch multiple times and using the Ultimate Fix. I temporarily renamed my Sims 3 folder in Documents, leaving me with no saves, mods or custom content and a fresh, clean slate. I was able to enter the game just fine as well (and the patch's features were in that game, like dumpster diving and the Supernatural CAS ghost of the new deaths). But still, nothing I did allowed me to install University Life, because it seems that it doesn't recognize the update.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know. I just want to be able to have my money's worth and I've waited a very long time for this expansion pack. At this point, I'll do anything.

Thank you for your time.

Back to top Go down

University Life Installation Not Recognizing Game Update (Please Help) Empty Re: University Life Installation Not Recognizing Game Update (Please Help)

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 23:38

Hello,

There is no need to bump the thread. We will definitely get to you when we come up with a decent solution for the situation.

No one gets left behind on G4tw =^^=

but i am sorry that you are having this issue with your game.

Back to top Go down

University Life Installation Not Recognizing Game Update (Please Help) Empty Re: University Life Installation Not Recognizing Game Update (Please Help)

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 23:57

Oh, okay! Thank you. I'll be patient.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:18

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top