Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to install The Sims 3 University life, but it keeps saying I need to update basic game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I want to install The Sims 3 University life, but it keeps saying I need to update basic game Empty I want to install The Sims 3 University life, but it keeps saying I need to update basic game

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 20:50

Hello,

my problem is The University Life installation. Everytime I try to install it, it says the basic game needs to be updated before installing University Life and when I try to update the basic game, it says it cannot connect to the EA Download Manager, so it can´t be updated.
I´ve already got Ambitions and Town life stuff, I downloaded it from you and it works perfectly fine.
Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

I want to install The Sims 3 University life, but it keeps saying I need to update basic game Empty Re: I want to install The Sims 3 University life, but it keeps saying I need to update basic game

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 23:32

Try using the manual patch to update your game Wink

Back to top Go down

I want to install The Sims 3 University life, but it keeps saying I need to update basic game Empty Re: I want to install The Sims 3 University life, but it keeps saying I need to update basic game

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 23:17

thank you a lot, it runs perfectly now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 00:14

Im having a problem overall with launcher. I did exactly how it is instructed. Still nothing. It says play and when i press play it goes to game launcher but never loads. It shows i have the 1.55 version

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 00:26

I have windows 7. I have reinstated 4x even created shortcut on desktop. I opened from my start but it all goes back to game launcher

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 01 Jul 2013, 05:03

sexiiscorp wrote:Im having a problem overall with launcher. I did exactly how it is instructed. Still nothing. It says play and when i press play it goes to game launcher but never loads. It shows i have the 1.55 version

Hello,

Try the following steps. Don't skip or change any steps:

(1) Place the contents inside the #crack folder in the Ultimate Fix in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims3\Game\Bin (since the update manager may not recognise your old #crack)

(2) Apply the manual patch.

(3) Reapply the Ultimate Fix using the instruction guide inside the Ultimate Fix.

That's should do it. Tell us how it goes after applying these steps.

Last edited by cat2006house on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 05:37; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 05:33

i think its my computer because i installed it on another and it worked fine without the patch. my computer is required to do it all however i think something is preventing it from launching. Thank you for your time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top