Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error during startup - fix does not apply/work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error during startup - fix does not apply/work Empty Error during startup - fix does not apply/work

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 13:20

Hello everyone,

I just finished installing every single expansion pack/add-on for The Sims 3 (except 70's,80's,90s stuff), followed the PDF manual guide and followed the steps from the "Ultimate Fix", but I'm getting the "Error during startup" when I try to launch Sims 3. In the fix you've provided it says I should check the registry keys and see if there are any keys left from expansions I've uninstalled, but this is not the case. The 70's 80's 90's stuff is the only add-on I'm missing, but there is no key in my registry.

Yesterday I installed all the expansions until Pets and also followed all your steps, and everything seemed to work fine until the game would randomly freeze after maybe 5 minutes of gameplay. I then decided to uninstall everything, download all the newer expansions (including University Life) and try again, but now I'm stuck with this error and don't know what to do. I'm running Windows 7, 64bit.

The reason I haven't installed the 70's 80's 90's add-on is because the one I downloaded was password protected and I had to fill in a survey to get it unlocked, which didn't work. Could this be the problem? I'll try to download it againt from another source in the meanwhile, but I doubt this is the problem.

Any help is very much appreciated. Kind regards,

DGuss

Back to top Go down

Error during startup - fix does not apply/work Empty Re: Error during startup - fix does not apply/work

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 21:56

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Error during startup - fix does not apply/work Empty Re: Error during startup - fix does not apply/work

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 22:05

Admin wrote:Hello,

Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Hello Admin,

No problem. Yes I would really appreciate your help, my sister is dying to play The Sims 3 and it's still not working.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I see that the person in this topic https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t10997-there-was-an-error-during-startup-please-see-log-for-more-details#77336 has the exact same problem, so in case you also wanted to ask me if I moved/renamed any folder, no I didn't. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Mar 2013, 22:14

DGuss wrote:
Admin wrote:Hello,

Hello Admin,

No problem. Yes I would really appreciate your help, my sister is dying to play The Sims 3 and it's still not working.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I see that the person in this topic https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t10997-there-was-an-error-during-startup-please-see-log-for-more-details#77336 has the exact same problem, so in case you also wanted to ask me if I moved/renamed any folder, no I didn't. bounce
Hello,

Since you say this...
DGuss wrote:The reason I haven't installed the 70's 80's 90's add-on
is because the one I downloaded was password protected and I had to fill
in a survey to get it unlocked, which didn't work. Could this be the
problem? I'll try to download it againt from another source in the
meanwhile, but I doubt this is the problem.

... may I ask where exactly you got all the games from?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 22:19

Definitely, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the links here? You can remove them/edit my post if it's not allowed. I'm also Dutch by the way haha.

I downloaded them from isohunt.com, I downloaded two large packs, one was called "Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle" and the other was "Sims 3 complete". Afterwards I downloaded the other parts seperately also from isohunt.com. I think they're all cracked by the same guy, every expansion pack had the Installation Guide.txt file with serials and stuff.

Edit: I'll be going to bed now but I'll check back tomorrow. If you want, just tell me whatever you think might help/be the problem and then I can try it tomorrow? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 15:31

Hello everyone,

I try to be very patient but it's been 2 weeks already and I still haven't had any help... anyone?? Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 21:43

All-right, Since i have no idea where all these errors with crashes in CAS/5 minutes in all come from, try uninstalling your isohunt version of the game and get all (I'm sorry for your loss of time Crying or Very sad ) your stuff from here:

http://games4theworld.org/

just do a quick crtl+f and type in The Sims 3, you'll find everything. Then just follow instructions, I guess..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 16:19

Sloth Demon wrote:All-right, Since i have no idea where all these errors with crashes in CAS/5 minutes in all come from, try uninstalling your isohunt version of the game and get all (I'm sorry for your loss of time Crying or Very sad ) your stuff from here:

http://games4theworld.org/

just do a quick crtl+f and type in The Sims 3, you'll find everything. Then just follow instructions, I guess..

Thanks Sloth, I uninstalled everything and am now re-installing the versions I got from games4theworld. I just finished installing the first expansion, World Adventures, and tried to see if it works but it says I need to enter a CD. This shouldn't come up as a problem, right? I already replaced the TS3EP01.exe and TSLHost.dll from the Ultimate Fix.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 20:22

Replace TSW.exe and TSLHost.dll at the BASE GAME folder, The Sims 3/game/bin, no expansion, too. That'll do the trick! Source:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top