Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

game launcher "error during startup" fix didn't work, multiple issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

game launcher "error during startup" fix didn't work, multiple issues Empty game launcher "error during startup" fix didn't work, multiple issues

Post by Guest Fri 27 Feb 2015, 13:36

I have been trying to install expansion and stuff packs for the past 6 hours. I have uninstalled everything, reinstalled it in order, patched, cracked, updated, etc. I did the manual update link for 1.67, the update installed in the Sims installer window, and then Origin started trying to patch something over and over again (it would complete a 1.6gb download, and then just start over downloading it again). Ended up cancelling out of it (not sure if good idea) and then my launcher started doing the "Error during startup, check the log etc" thing. I tried the fix for it by deleting the reg keys of an expansion pack I forgot to download/install (doh!!) and ran CCleaner to do a registry cleanout. Still not working. I just wanna play my games Sad

more info: My base game is a purchase, as well as my High End Loft stuff, Master Suite, and Late Night (except I forgot to re-download/install that one during my mass uninstall/reinstall in chronological order phase, deleted regkey). I t0rr3nted Ambitions, Generations, Supernatural, and the 70s 80s 90s and Movie stuff packs. Reinstalled base game, installed expansions in chrono-order, doing stuff packs in between and Supernatural last (put that patch/crack files in base game/bin). I downloaded Sims 3, High End Loft, and Late Night through Origin and Master Suite through an Amazon digital download.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Is it something stupid simple, or did I do everything totally incorrectly?

Back to top Go down

game launcher "error during startup" fix didn't work, multiple issues Empty Re: game launcher "error during startup" fix didn't work, multiple issues

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Feb 2015, 20:25

hellowren wrote:I have been trying to install expansion and stuff packs for the past 6 hours. I have uninstalled everything, reinstalled it in order, patched, cracked, updated, etc. I did the manual update link for 1.67, the update installed in the Sims installer window, and then Origin started trying to patch something over and over again (it would complete a 1.6gb download, and then just start over downloading it again). Ended up cancelling out of it (not sure if good idea) and then my launcher started doing the "Error during startup, check the log etc" thing. I tried the fix for it by deleting the reg keys of an expansion pack I forgot to download/install (doh!!) and ran CCleaner to do a registry cleanout. Still not working. I just wanna play my games Sad

more info: My base game is a purchase, as well as my High End Loft stuff, Master Suite, and Late Night (except I forgot to re-download/install that one during my mass uninstall/reinstall in chronological order phase, deleted regkey). I t0rr3nted Ambitions, Generations, Supernatural, and the 70s 80s 90s and Movie stuff packs. Reinstalled base game, installed expansions in chrono-order, doing stuff packs in between and Supernatural last (put that patch/crack files in base game/bin). I downloaded Sims 3, High End Loft, and Late Night through Origin and Master Suite through an Amazon digital download.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Is it something stupid simple, or did I do everything totally incorrectly?

Hello and welcome to the forum hellowreen,

The thing that was trying to download itself via Origin in your case, is probably the latest 1.67 update. Can you let it run through, until the end, instead of using the manual patch ? 

Yes, this thing with the glitched update behavior is just one of the numerous technical problems related to the "Origin"-client".

After the Origin-update finished, install all the (remaining) expansions/stuffpacks. After that, apply the manual patch (!!!) this time. And at the end, apply the Ultimate fix. To learn how to apply it correctly, see step 5 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck for now and keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

game launcher "error during startup" fix didn't work, multiple issues Empty Re: game launcher "error during startup" fix didn't work, multiple issues

Post by Guest Sat 28 Feb 2015, 01:03

The launcher would not update the game unless I did the manual one. It would just close whenever I hit "update". The Origin patch didn't start until the manual update in the Sims launcher finished, and then it just kept downloading the same thing over and over again. I let it finish like 4 times before I realized it was the same patch it was downloading again and again.

I did another mass uninstall of all the games and packs and am trying to just update the base game before I install anything else, like you said, but without using the manual patch whenever I hit refresh in the game updates tab the launcher freezes and Windows says "The Sims3 Launcher has quit working".

//EDIT

It is also still saying my base game is incompatible with my currently installed expansions, even though there are none installed and I deleted all the regkeys/files associated with them manually.

edit: An EA message popped up saying "license server" is down and to try again in a few minutes, and it is also saying it's unable to connect to Origin, so there may be a server side issue happening at the same time. I'm gonna wait awhile and try again.

//EDIT

Ok, yeah, now my Sims launcher just keeps crashing. All I've done is installed the base game (which I paid for). I finally just did the manual update and it updated to 1.67, but the launcher just keeps crashing.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Mar 2015, 22:02

hellowren wrote:The launcher would not update the game unless I did the manual one. It would just close whenever I hit "update". The Origin patch didn't start until the manual update in the Sims launcher finished, and then it just kept downloading the same thing over and over again. I let it finish like 4 times before I realized it was the same patch it was downloading again and again.

I did another mass uninstall of all the games and packs and am trying to just update the base game before I install anything else, like you said, but without using the manual patch whenever I hit refresh in the game updates tab the launcher freezes and Windows says "The Sims3 Launcher has quit working".

//EDIT

It is also still saying my base game is incompatible with my currently installed expansions, even though there are none installed and I deleted all the regkeys/files associated with them manually.

edit: An EA message popped up saying "license server" is down and to try again in a few minutes, and it is also saying it's unable to connect to Origin, so there may be a server side issue happening at the same time. I'm gonna wait awhile and try again.

//EDIT

Ok, yeah, now my Sims launcher just keeps crashing. All I've done is installed the base game (which I paid for). I finally just did the manual update and it updated to 1.67, but the launcher just keeps crashing.

Forget about the launcher for now, please. The launcher is very glitchy and in fact, you don't really need it (unless you want to install worlds/neighborhoods). 

Can you for now just start trying to start the game "directly" with the TS3W.exe ? Go to C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and find the TS3W.exe. Make a shortcut to the desktop from it and start the game with that shortcut.

P.S. please do not post multiple times in a row. This is considered like spamming. If you want to add more stuff to your original message, and nobody has replied yet, please just click on the EDIT-button on your post, which will allow you to add stuff or modify the message.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top