Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a quick question about 2011 packages

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just a quick question about 2011 packages Empty Just a quick question about 2011 packages

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 20:36

Not a problem at all, but I didn't know which sub-forum this question should be posted into. I went to re-download the 2011 sim packs from games4theworld's official mediafire so I could convert them into packages myself. I was wondering if the month packs contained all the other files or if I have to download everything including the monthly set pack. I'm just afraid of getting duplicates Mad

To rephrase using the screenshot as an example, do I download just the june2011set, or also hotubsmallgen, kidsrock160pset, etc?

Just a quick question about 2011 packages 103x0rp

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question about 2011 packages Empty Re: Just a quick question about 2011 packages

Post by invalidusername Wed 13 Mar 2013, 02:11

"june2011" set doesn't contain everything. However, admin made complete month packages, which do.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question about 2011 packages Empty Re: Just a quick question about 2011 packages

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 05:01

Yes I saw the already made packages, but I wanted to make my own in case there were items in it I didn't want.

Since the Sims 3 site had been down almost all day, I couldn't check their monthly packs to see what they contained. The dec2011set pack in the December folder however, looks like it is a duplicate since everything else in the folder is already in it. I wouldn't know how to go about notifying admins about it so people won't have to deal with duplicates.

Also, is it ok to make venues into packages? I noticed in the misc folder that there are just sims3packs.

Thanks for your reply!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:58

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 00:40

It's okay. Not a big deal.

I ended up taking out the sets that were already in dec2011set.simspack, like the Japanese inspired sets. I was just concerned whether it would cause my game to produce duplicates if I merged everything in the mediafire file.

As for the venue question, I'm assuming venues aren't turned into packages because of their large file size and not because it will cause in-game problems.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top