Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After installing University Life & redoing instructions, it keeps saying to insert SHOWTIME disc.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After installing University Life & redoing instructions, it keeps saying to insert SHOWTIME disc. Empty After installing University Life & redoing instructions, it keeps saying to insert SHOWTIME disc.

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 04:25

I have posted in the previous topic about this, and all I get for help is someone linking the "How to install correctly"... I have done those steps multiple times. My game is not under Origin. My game worked perfectly fine before installing University Life. Please give me something other than try the directions again because I have done it 5 times. I saw someone said they made the mistake of putting the cracks in the game/bin/bin.... but I did not make that mistake. Can a MOD please help? It's becoming rather frustrating and I would really rather not have to uninstall all of them and then torrent all of them all over again since every sims game is like 10 gigabytes.

Thanks in advance! :3

Back to top Go down

After installing University Life & redoing instructions, it keeps saying to insert SHOWTIME disc. Empty Re: After installing University Life & redoing instructions, it keeps saying to insert SHOWTIME disc.

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 17 Mar 2013, 16:46

If you did all that you said you have done, i.e., all the steps they listed in that exact order and followed it to the T, you shouldn't have any issues.

I have ALL expansion packs installed, including all Stuff packs, and my base game was also pirated. I never cracked anything, after installing all of the expansions I updated the game via the link they provided, then used the Ultimate Fix. Went to play the game and it worked 100%. I now have multiple game modifications running on my game and thousands of downloaded .package files. I have had no issue - and that's saying something, considering I tried torrenting The Sims 3 and I never was able to get ANY OTHER GAMES to work except for Games4theworld's that they provided.

I understand your frustration but if you want help you will need to tell us more of what the process is in what you're doing, rather than demanding help and expecting us to just already know.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

After installing University Life & redoing instructions, it keeps saying to insert SHOWTIME disc. Empty Re: After installing University Life & redoing instructions, it keeps saying to insert SHOWTIME disc.

Post by Admin Sun 17 Mar 2013, 19:38

Hello there,

You downloaded your base game via Origin?
Also, can you please post a screenshot of the folder where you copied the crack to and a screenshot of the folder where you "grabbed" the crack from?

And did you use the version 1.50 manual patch too?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 20:43

Sephymuffins wrote:If you did all that you said you have done, i.e., all the steps they listed in that exact order and followed it to the T, you shouldn't have any issues.

I have ALL expansion packs installed, including all Stuff packs, and my base game was also pirated. I never cracked anything, after installing all of the expansions I updated the game via the link they provided, then used the Ultimate Fix. Went to play the game and it worked 100%. I now have multiple game modifications running on my game and thousands of downloaded .package files. I have had no issue - and that's saying something, considering I tried torrenting The Sims 3 and I never was able to get ANY OTHER GAMES to work except for Games4theworld's that they provided.

I understand your frustration but if you want help you will need to tell us more of what the process is in what you're doing, rather than demanding help and expecting us to just already know.

Just to let you know saying please and asking are not demanding, why would you reply if you didn't have similar issues? Congratulations it worked for you, unfortunately I haven't had such luck that's why I came here. I'm looking for help, not to be chided.

//EDIT

Admin wrote:Hello there,

You downloaded your base game via Origin?
Also, can you please post a screenshot of the folder where you copied the crack to and a screenshot of the folder where you "grabbed" the crack from?

And did you use the version 1.50 manual patch too?

No i downloaded my base game without origin, when I look in the Origin folder there are no games. I installed University Life, applied the manual patch correctly, then used the Ultimate fix and copied the bin items to the appropriate folders. I did everything the directions said and retried this process multiple times. If I uninstall then re install University Life do you think it would mess anything up? I'm trying that right now just because I feel I've tried everything but uninstalling the games.

Thank you for your quick reply! =]

//EDIT

After installing University Life & redoing instructions, it keeps saying to insert SHOWTIME disc. Help11

After installing University Life & redoing instructions, it keeps saying to insert SHOWTIME disc. Help110

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button instead. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 17 Mar 2013, 21:43

jessaaay wrote:
Sephymuffins wrote:If you did all that you said you have done, i.e., all the steps they listed in that exact order and followed it to the T, you shouldn't have any issues.

Just to let you know saying please and asking are not demanding, why would you reply if you didn't have similar issues? Congratulations it worked for you, unfortunately I haven't had such luck that's why I came here. I'm looking for help, not to be chided.

Actually, I replied because I was intending to help. I'll leave it to the Admin.

What I was getting at when I mentioned you being "demanding", wasn't really the fact that you were demanding, but rather, wanting immediate help and yet not really giving us much to go off of. It was mainly, "I've already tried all the steps provided to me, don't tell me to do those steps again, I installed University and it won't work." Obviously if you were in our shoes, that doesn't really paint any pictures at all, correct?

Good luck with your issue, I hope it is resolved.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Mar 2013, 22:11

Hello,

No need to uninstall anything.
Can you please post a screenshot of the actual folder where you "grabbed" the crack from? So the actual .exe and .dll file, thank you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 04:37

Sephymuffins wrote:
jessaaay wrote:

Actually, I replied because I was intending to help. I'll leave it to the Admin.

What I was getting at when I mentioned you being "demanding", wasn't really the fact that you were demanding, but rather, wanting immediate help and yet not really giving us much to go off of. It was mainly, "I've already tried all the steps provided to me, don't tell me to do those steps again, I installed University and it won't work." Obviously if you were in our shoes, that doesn't really paint any pictures at all, correct?

Good luck with your issue, I hope it is resolved.

I was intending to get a response from a moderator because they would logically know more about it. I planned to provide more information after getting a reply. I requested that, with no intention of being demanding, just wanting to get straight to the point. I just want to solve my issue. If your profile said something other than "Beginner" I would understand when you say "us" and "our", but it doesn't. So yes, leave it to the mod.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top