Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I find all of my mods easily without having to go through all of my packages?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How can I find all of my mods easily without having to go through all of my packages? Empty How can I find all of my mods easily without having to go through all of my packages?

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 08:30

I made a new mods folder and put my NRaas and mastercontroller mods in it, sims works fine, but i'm sure they aren't my only mods...Does anybody know how I can locate all of my mods quickly without having to go through my whole packages folder? Noob

Back to top Go down

How can I find all of my mods easily without having to go through all of my packages? Empty Re: How can I find all of my mods easily without having to go through all of my packages?

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 17 Mar 2013, 16:32

I don't know how your folders are set up as of now, but I made a separate folder for my Mods. All of my .package files are mixed together. Back when The Sims 2 was my main game, I had all female clothing, male clothing, makeup, hair everything separated and organized into different folders. With the way The Sims 3 is setup, I cannot have it as organized, you know?

Anyway, this is what you can do and how I have mine laid out.
My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods>All>Mods.

So basically, when you're in the Sims 3 folder, make a folder named ' Mods ' for your downloads. Put all .package files IN that folder. At that point, to separate basic downloads from game modifications, make a new folder IN the Mods folder and name it whatever you'd like. Put all your game modifications in there. At that point, you can move and/or tweak what works for your game and what doesn't.

Good luck!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

How can I find all of my mods easily without having to go through all of my packages? Empty Re: How can I find all of my mods easily without having to go through all of my packages?

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 21:00

No, what I mean is does anybody know how I can located my actual mods, I already have a mod folder but I have too many packages in the actual folder its self and it's hard trying to find all my mods. Thanks anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 17 Mar 2013, 21:51

TashSim wrote:No, what I mean is does anybody know how I can located my actual mods, I already have a mod folder but I have too many packages in the actual folder its self and it's hard trying to find all my mods. Thanks anyway

I didn't realize you were looking for your Mods in your sea of other .package files. Organizing after you've already downloaded so much, unfortunately, is not possible. Unlike Sims 2, there aren't any programs like Delphy's Download Organizer, Clean Installer, or SimPE to easily look through files.

I Googled for you and found this on MTS3. Link.

Good luck.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Mar 2013, 22:07

Hello,

Well... I'm not sure, but this program looks for conflicting Mods: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3391-conflicting-mods-find-out-now
It might also give you the file names, if you're lucky.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 06:01

Thanks, I will try both and get back to you asap Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 13:15

Yay it works thanks to the both of you! I haven't played sims in ages because of my issue. Feels good to be back! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top