Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.Packages removed from Mods folder but they're still appearing in game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

.Packages removed from Mods folder but they're still appearing in game. Empty .Packages removed from Mods folder but they're still appearing in game.

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 16:36

I'm not sure if this is where I post this, but I'm assuming so. I've removed a bunch of package files from my game recently and for some reason they're still showing up and fully usable in my game. Like for example I removed a bunch of different hair packages from my game because I just didn't like them after I downloaded them. Well they're still in my game. I use s3pe to merge my files together so there isn't a million of them in my mods folder but every time I remove a file I re-do everything so that the merged package doesn't have that file in it anymore. But they're still there. What am I doing wrong?
I've googled it over and over and done a lot of different things but I have yet to find a solution. I mean it's not making my game run badly or anything, it's just annoying lol.
Help
Thank you in advance!

Back to top Go down

.Packages removed from Mods folder but they're still appearing in game. Empty Re: .Packages removed from Mods folder but they're still appearing in game.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Nov 2014, 23:02

stfutwitch wrote:I'm not sure if this is where I post this, but I'm assuming so. I've removed a bunch of package files from my game recently and for some reason they're still showing up and fully usable in my game. Like for example I removed a bunch of different hair packages from my game because I just didn't like them after I downloaded them. Well they're still in my game. I use s3pe to merge my files together so there isn't a million of them in my mods folder but every time I remove a file I re-do everything so that the merged package doesn't have that file in it anymore. But they're still there. What am I doing wrong?
I've googled it over and over and done a lot of different things but I have yet to find a solution. I mean it's not making my game run badly or anything, it's just annoying lol.
Help
Thank you in advance!

Hello stfutwitch and welcome,

Technically, removed CC (whether is .sims3pack or .package format) should be gone in-game. Can you go to in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. This would be my main explanation as to why the stuff still shows up in your game. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

.Packages removed from Mods folder but they're still appearing in game. Empty Re: .Packages removed from Mods folder but they're still appearing in game.

Post by Guest Mon 03 Nov 2014, 02:10

I've never had the issue before, so I wondered if it had anything to do with my merged packages but that still didn't make any sense. The files are gone but I don't know why they won't leave my game! Like I removed all of my Jonha and lewing sliders from my mods folder and all of the sliders are still in my game:/
I've done most of those, but will try again..thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Nov 2014, 03:08

stfutwitch wrote:I've never had the issue before, so I wondered if it had anything to do with my merged packages but that still didn't make any sense. The files are gone but I don't know why they won't leave my game! Like I removed all of my Jonha and lewing sliders from my mods folder and all of the sliders are still in my game:/
I've done most of those, but will try again..thank you.

Sliders ? OK, in that case...I guess one possibility could be that since (I assume) you actually used those sliders on your sim, these sliders still show up. You basically "modified" your sim with a slider, and the game still thinks you have those sliders because the changes on the sim are still present. You could try putting the sliders back in again, and the EDIT your sim in a way, to change the slider settings back to default again: so change the sim to what it was like BEFORE you used the sliders.

But I'm afraid this is nothing more than an educated guess, since I never had that particular glitch myself. There is a basis though for stuff like that (hence my suggestion that you put the sliders back in, for now): in some core mods, there is a clear warning in the descriptions, saying that you should ALWAYS reset all the changes made in-game with the mod, before you remove the .package file of that particular mod from the (My) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder. Because if you leave those "changes" in-game as they are, and simply remove the .package file of the mod only, it will almost always jack up your game, and cause stuff like crashings, freezes, etc.

One example for that is NRAAS_StoryProgression. If you want to reset all settings done by that mod, there is an option in Map View, if you click on the town hall logo. But of course, this "mod seting reset" can differ from mod to mod.

My guess is that the situation with (some) sliders is similar, and you may want to give that a try. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top