Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Packages arn't working for Sims 3, easily fixable, I just don't know how..?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Packages arn't working for Sims 3, easily fixable, I just don't know how..? Empty Packages arn't working for Sims 3, easily fixable, I just don't know how..?

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 17:00

Hey, for some reason the packages arn't working.. All the steps were working perfectly, but when I tried to click on the 'June 2011' package, it said that the file wasn't recognized and I had to choose what to open it with. I tried to choose to open it with sims 3 launcher but that also doesn't work, it just opens up the launcher, no download.. I have a legit copy of Sims 3 by the way. I have to use a disk.

Back to top Go down

Packages arn't working for Sims 3, easily fixable, I just don't know how..? Empty Re: Packages arn't working for Sims 3, easily fixable, I just don't know how..?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 22 Jul 2011, 20:01

Hello,
You should simply place those package files in your my documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/mods folder. Or if you got these from G4TW, you can just unrar the file in your my documents/electronic arts/the sims 3 folder. Its all there in the installationguide.
Please let us know if you run into any more problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Packages arn't working for Sims 3, easily fixable, I just don't know how..? Empty Re: Packages arn't working for Sims 3, easily fixable, I just don't know how..?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 16:41

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
You should simply place those package files in your my documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/mods folder. Or if you got these from G4TW, you can just unrar the file in your my documents/electronic arts/the sims 3 folder. Its all there in the installationguide.
Please let us know if you run into any more problems.

I have done that.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 23 Jul 2011, 17:26

Hello,
You don't have to click on these packages, or open them with any program, just follow the installationguide and you'll find your new items ingame.
So if you have unrarred the file to the specified location, that is all you have to do and your new items should be present in buy-mode.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Jul 2011, 00:00

Hello,

Just follow these instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfAox_PivgI
This video shows how it should be done exactly.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top