Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Please insert Sims 3 university disk'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Please insert Sims 3 university disk' Empty 'Please insert Sims 3 university disk'

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 00:01

Hi all, I installed* the Sims 3 and a number of expansion packs (Generations, showtime, Late Night, supernatural, town life stuff, master suit stuff, University life, pets and seasons) and whenever I attempt to run the game it says to ‘No game disk found! Please insert the Sims 3 university game disk before proceeding.’

I tried mounting the original two ISO files from the Sims 3 base game but it did not help. I have followed the [*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly] thread, though there was something odd when I did it. When I dragged files from the crack to the bin the guide said there would be a prompt to ‘replace’ however these rarely happened and instead it simply copied across. Unsure if that means I have gone wrong or not though.

Thanks for any help in advance.

*When I installed I did not apply the cracks, I skipped them as the guide asked.

Back to top Go down

'Please insert Sims 3 university disk' Empty Re: 'Please insert Sims 3 university disk'

Post by invalidusername Mon 18 Mar 2013, 02:35

Can you share a screenshot of the file you put the #crack files into?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

'Please insert Sims 3 university disk' Empty Re: 'Please insert Sims 3 university disk'

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 03:16

This is where I put the #crack files, sorry for the large size.
edit: If I recall correctly, when I did this they just copied across with no prompt for replacement.

'Please insert Sims 3 university disk' Sim3_zps80946ff3

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 18 Mar 2013, 03:51

Well that's the right location... I don't see them on this part, so what are the dates with the files from the crack?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 03:59

I am not fully sure which files are from the crack, so not sure what files to look for. I have however compiled all the files in that folder into a single image, with the dates showing, hope that is enough.

Note: The dates are British format (day/month/year), not American style.

'Please insert Sims 3 university disk' Sims32_zpsea75000d

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 18 Mar 2013, 04:06

They seem to be the right date. I'm not sure where else to go from here, but I'm sure Admin or someone else will have an idea soon.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 04:08

Thanks for the assistance nonetheless!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top