Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University Life Won't Install - "Please insert the disk"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

University Life Won't Install - "Please insert the disk" Empty University Life Won't Install - "Please insert the disk"

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 10:06

Hello! I'm new here and found this site by accident when I searched "University Life" on 4Shared and the URL was in the text guide.

So when I go into the setup, I get past typing in the serial number. After that, I start installing and a few seconds later it tells me to insert the disk with "SimsUniversity.Cache". I'm on a Windows 8. I purchased the base game and 3 EPs (Supernatural, Ambitions, and Showtime) so I have to log into Origin to get into The Sims. I have version 1.55.4. I've seen a lot of people with this problem once they actually download the game, but none before it even installs.

Help

Back to top Go down

University Life Won't Install - "Please insert the disk" Empty Re: University Life Won't Install - "Please insert the disk"

Post by J.T. Sun 21 Jul 2013, 05:36

Hello,

Please follow the instructions below:
(1) Have you applied the manual patch to update your game to the latest version(1.55.4): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch?
(2) Install The Sims 3: University Life by double-clicking the setup.exe. Bear in mind that you must extract this torrent via WinRAR ONLY. Other extracting tools can mess up your files.
(3) Afterwards, copy and paste the content of the #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to: C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. The Ultimate Fix can be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

University Life Won't Install - "Please insert the disk" Empty Re: University Life Won't Install - "Please insert the disk"

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 06:16

Yes, I have done all of this. I have the update and I only use WinRAR. I can never get past the installation. I am not seeing a #crack folder in WinRAR. I am downloading The Ultimate Fix right now to see if it fixes things. 

Also, though I have the update, would the manual patch be pointless? 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 06:22

...I should really read. The #crack is in the Ultimate Fix, I'm such a dork.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 21 Jul 2013, 06:23

Hello,

Is your problem solved?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 06:29

Thank you for replying, but no. Sad

Do I apply the fix to all games or only games I've downloaded from G4W? Also, the error is in the installation, so if it doesn't install, can I put the crack in before? Will it do anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 21 Jul 2013, 06:31

Hello,

You only need to apply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And then you can start launching the game to see if it works. Click yes when a pop-up asking you to replace the files is shown.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 06:40

Hello again.

I put the crack in and it still says I need to put the CD in. I click custom and install into program files 86/ Origin Games. It just won't seem to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 21 Jul 2013, 06:46

Hello,

It seems like we've got to have a Teamviewer meeting to discuss the issue. Can you download Teamviewer and launch it? After that, hover over the remote control tab and give me the ID and password via private message.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 21 Jul 2013, 09:11

Hello,

Problem solved via Teamviewer.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top